Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding the Florence Sand Dunes last week in both rain and sunshine. When I made a hard right or left turn, we'd get blasted with sand. I have OEM flares. I put duct tape from the upper side mirror mount to the area directly below near the front edge of the door. I filled in the triangle area temporarily with duct tape. Fortunately it stopped the majority of the sand coming in, stopped a lot of rain coming in and reduced the amount of cold air coming in. I'm currently putting brackets on the "A" pillar for mounting clear lexan with the trailing edge bent outwards. I've seen numerous YouTube videos of X3s with clear plastic taped to the "A" pillar. Any feedback or opinion on these winglets?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I thought for sure someone else had the same idea, and was gonna forward whatever info they had on to you! excited to see what it is your coming up with, still cant picture it real good in my head!
--Wade

·
Premium Member
12,253 Posts
Welcome from Tucson AZ. Getting blasted with sand is part of the experience!

Reactions: HPnMORE4J and BLR

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Welcome from wherever our truck parks our home for night
Winterhaven. CA

What type and size of tires are you running?

I'm from Florence, and know those dunes very well
Sand moves and it throws in every direction as Hollywood said.

We mainly ride the desert in the SW nowdays and we have rocks flying at us...lol

Barbara

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’m going to see if the design works. I’ll then use the metal for templates and cut a sheet of polycarbonate. I did have to leave spaces for mounting windshields.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Great pic how about a pic of from the inside so we can better see the mounting set up . looks good so far thnx.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Totally agree, but it will hopefully reduce cold air in the winter and rain from coming in. The X3 doesn't take much air deflection to keep the inside warm and dry. My wife gave me permission to write this... lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome from wherever our truck parks our home for night
Winterhaven. CA

What type and size of tires are you running?

I'm from Florence, and know those dunes very well
Sand moves and it throws in every direction as Hollywood said.

We mainly ride the desert in the SW nowdays and we have rocks flying at us...lol

Barbara

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
I'm running 30" Terabytes on everything except sand. I put my 28" OEM Bighorn when riding on the sand.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts