Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
]I just recently picked up a new Xds . I love the machine , so far and of course am in the middle of adding some goodies and personal touches ... So far the list includes :
Ct gussets
PRP harnesses
Super atv 4500 winch
Dragon fire tie rods
Dragon fire rear hitch receiver
BRP harness bar
12 gallon BRP lbox
BRP rock sliders
BRP easy clean mesh radiator grill
Twin air foam filter
Also going with the EVO stage 1 reflash as well as 30x 10 blackwater evolution tires .
Now for the "home made stuff "...
My roof is made out of 1/4 inch black plastic puck board ... Turned out awesome and 75$ worth ...
My rear bumper ( to powder coat yet ) is for a 700 Suzuki king quad . I welded up the brackets ...
My radiator splash guards , 1/8 inch in plastic ....with push pin mounts .
Front bumper is off a Polaris Hawkeye quad ... Nice bumper ! Paid 120 $ for both bumpers . Again brackets I have to
Make . But the front is a nice light tight fitting bumper ,that wraps around the winch Nicely.
Using a inter cooler turbo hose and pipe kit to snorkel up just above the bed
In stealth fashion... To do yet ...
So a few odds and ends to do yet but I am happy with the machine and progress so far !!

Last will be a set is puck board doors with matching graphics.
Thanks for all the great info on here ...
A few pics ... So far
Cheers Nev!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
If you didn't tell me, I would never know that those parts weren't for the Mav, very nice work. I'm looking for a good cheap roof for my Mav that I'm going to sell, your idea would be perfect. How did you get it to curve down? Where did you buy the puckboard, & clamps? How wide and how long of piece did you get?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any plastic shop should be able to supply it . The clamps are 2 inch rubber covered ( bumper to bumper/ Napa etc)plus 4 stock holes . I countersunk stainless bolts in it . A tiger torch or cutting torch and clamps & patience will do the bend .
A regular skill saw & table saw and jig saw for. The corners . Then belt sand edges . Hand sand it and I sprayed it with bed liner spray ...
I have made a few like this ... Better than any roof you can buy....!
And about 80% less .
You need a 4x4 foot piece to do a two seat Mav ....
Thanks

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also made a shelf 13 x 13 inchs on two brackets clamped to the round frame rails under the front hood . I bolted a puck board plastic shelf to this with holes around the perimeter. This is where my waterproof tool box will strap in place.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A "new" roof for my new XDS.

Under my hood tool box.IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160424/52d954894638fe381c0b9cd0906fd8f9.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Ready to bolt up my super atv 4500 lb winch . I used a bumper from a Polaris Hawkeye quad . Made brackets so the winch sits nice and tight against CT gusset. Then a bash plate , made out of puck board / steel with a bolt on tow hook...
More pics when mounted up ... Looks killer !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will look and post ,it fits in there nice . About 12 X 13 inchs apx....

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is my front bumper on , just waiting for the canam front removable grill piece to come in...

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Yeah it looks like it fits perfectly, can you open it all the way up? I was just gonna put a marine battery box in mine, but yours looks way nicer. How much was the case? Thanks again for the great ideas.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes it pens up and about 60$ can. 40US. I will post some better pics tomr ... Also mounted my winch solenoid in front of box...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The measurements are 12 X 13. Here is my winch wiring and a push pin cover I made .

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
You're coming up with some really nice solutions for your ride and you do nice work. Obviously you bought a full sheet of that puck board and are looking to get your money's worth out of it. It's kind of funny you are actually adding those push pins to your ride, all I've ever seen are threads of people trying to get rid of them.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes I put that chit on everything ....lol
Got my bumper and grill guard done , added some mud flaps and a whip ...
As well as rock sliders...
Now just the EVO flash to go....

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Some update pics ....

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I bought them in lake havasu.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Do you winter in Lake Havasu? I have a buddy that does. I go down there every year for 10 days, love the riding.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts