Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a few picks of the damage this weekend broke a axle off and Emichel broke one also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
did you guys remove the axle nuts and hubs, neverseize and torque to Areeds recomendations?

what riding conditions were you in when it broke? bound up wheel then gas it and snapped or jumping or?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
did you guys remove the axle nuts and hubs, neverseize and torque to Areeds recomendations?

what riding conditions were you in when it broke? bound up wheel then gas it and snapped or jumping or?[/QUOTE

Had the nut off awhile back and installed it tight bud no never seize

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bad way to land! so this is a good reason to have those hubs that I saw on here but can't seam to remember where and who was building them

·
Registered
175 Posts

what riding conditions were you in when it broke? bound up wheel then gas it and snapped or jumping or?

If your referring to the hub you are actually according to the service manual suppose to Loctite 243 the hub splines on and torque the nut to 166lbs, nothing about putting neversize just the opposite.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the info guys.

For the fix seeing how Emichel broke a rear also his broke in the joint I figured I would use his outer with my inner at least to get me up and running. He already had a new one to replace one that was making nose just didn't know witch one now he knows lol

·
Registered
446 Posts
Gorilla outers for stock axles are currently out of stock for couple weeks. I order some this morning to replace my rear ones.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Gorilla outers for stock axles are currently out of stock for couple weeks. I order some this morning to replace my rear ones.
Where from and how much?

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
If your referring to the hub you are actually according to the service manual suppose to Loctite 243 the hub splines on and torque the nut to 166lbs, nothing about putting neversize just the opposite.
A little Experience grasshopper. Some day you might know everything if you follow the master.

·
Registered
175 Posts
A little Experience grasshopper. Some day you might know everything if you follow the master.
Ok I will bite Master you are saying to go against the service manual and do not loctite them on. Do just the opposite, please enlighten me master I to want to snatch the pebbles from your hand.

·
Registered
182 Posts
He said snatch......hehe

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Ok I will bite Master you are saying to go against the service manual and do not loctite them on. Do just the opposite, please enlighten me master I to want to snatch the pebbles from your hand.
Never seize the splines and torque the nut . I will have to look up the spec I used.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts