Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Read Only
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure there are a few posts on sealing the cab as best one can from dust and somehow keeping the heat from the radiator coming thru the fire wall and into the cab, but I don't know how to find them, please help.

·
Premium Member
9,351 Posts
Dust in a SXS is pretty much unavoidable. I wasn't aware of heat through the firewall issues? Is your car running hot? Have you thought about a fan override switch?

·
Vendor
424 Posts
Tell us more about the heat problem. Do you have a windshield on? Is the heat behind you or in front of you? If your in a Max (guessing by the thread section) you shouldn’t feel much heat from the glowing red turbo behind you... like Hollywood said Intercooler will have some heat to it too...

The only REALLY effective way to keep the dust out of your face and lungs...full face helmet with a Rugged Air Pumper.

Other than that...there are things the “help” keep the dust out. Windshield (makes the inside hot), rear net, full doors and distance between you and the car in front of you...

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Google search and all your questions and concerns will be answered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Read Only
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It does not run hot, temp gage always in the middle (4 bars), it does have a full windshield and full rear window.

·
Read Only
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Full windshield, heat is in the front but not all the time, only intermittently, we ran up in the Sierra and in Baja into a lot of silt, silt comes in from the floor so it is a white out condition, i started using Parker Pumpers in the late 70' though now I am using open face helmets.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts