Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dropped my Maverick off last friday morning for the cluth bolt recall work to be done with the hopes of picking it up the same day. Well a few hours later Troy called me saying they are having a hard time getting the bolt out and have sent a guy to get a 3/4 drive impact. He then said it could go bad and they might break the bolt off and have to replace the crank, or go good and the bolt would come out.

A couple days went by and I called to get an update. Troy told me the bolt was a mofo to get our and they had to cut the bolt off, slide the outer clutch sheeve out and weld a nut to the bolt. Then heat the stud and crank the impact on it to get the bolt out. In the process they scuffed the inner primary sheeve and have ordered a new one to replace it. Supposed to be 3-5 days for the parts. Hopefully before the end of the week.

He also said that it was a good thing that the bolt came out, because BRP says there are NO cranks, shortblocks or motors avalible to replace the parts. He then said his sister store just had a Maverick clutch bolt break off in the crank and they were told by BRP that the bolt HAD to be removed that there anr no parts avalible to fix it.

So i greatly appreciate the honesty and quick reaction to ordering parts and the know how to fix my issue.

I highly recomend Apache Honda in Phoenix AZ, Talk to Troy in service and Chris his mechanic. Cannot go wrong with these guys.

Apache Motorcycles Honda Yamaha Suzuki Kawasaki KTM CAN-AM Top Rated New & Used Motorcycle Dealer, ATVs, UTVs, Jet Skis, Scooters - serving Arizona.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Great customer service is getting rare these days. Once upon a time people expected good customer service, now people expect to get screwed, oh how the times have changed. Glad you had a good experience!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Great customer service is getting rare these days. Once upon a time people expected good customer service, now people expect to get screwed, oh how the times have changed. Glad you had a good experience!
Sounds like a good experience! Glad you could take some time to share it!

·
Registered
448 Posts
I am waiting to see how CanAm fixes this. I guess I will never undestand why the end of the crank is not splined. Apache has to be one of the oldest dealerships in AZ. I was buying bikes and parts from them back in the 70's when they were just Apache Honda.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts