Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
I would like to see it split; north end to Houser trail: north to south.
South end to Houser trail: south to north.
That way you can run a figure eight loop, CG to center, switch over to the beach trail and back to CG.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
What a long weekend and sore as hell…… Arrived at Myrtlewood Thursday the 23rd and just got back home yesterday afternoon on the 27th. Put about 200 miles on of hard riding, went through lots of fuel. There with some high hp machines with us, ran the area from Boxcar, past Hauser up to Saunders creek.

One night ride we had about 30+ in the group another night with 20+. It was a full out rally that usually gets pretty aggressive competitive. That’s the trouble when you get a bunch MX and car racers together on the sand. Ran the coast guard trails at 40-50 mph with dust and grass flying, whipping around the quad trails to the limit, flying over the dips and flat out pedal to the floor through some of the areas that open up and a lot of air time!

Ate two belts, no doubt one was from heat, winched out a couple times during the trip, tore a rear fender, put on a few scratches, and broke a whip mount but don’t regret a moment. The Whalen 170 did good and was able to do pretty dang well up against much higher hp machines. My STM is definitely going on and some testing on the property before our next trip in about 3 weeks, and yes...time for some shock reworking.

We did GoPro some of it, so I’ll post some clips and pics later!

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
How do you guys like those tires?
I have run Pro Armour and Skat Tracs and didn't care much for either. The STU's are what I used to install on Sand cars when I built them for a living.
As far as I'm concerned they are the best tires available for the X3.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I have run Pro Armour and Skat Tracs and didn't care much for either. The STU's are what I used to install on Sand cars when I built them for a living.
As far as I'm concerned they are the best tires available for the X3.
What kind of clutch set ups are you using?
This Oregon dune riding is a breed of it's own I'm finding with running an X3

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
What kind of clutch set ups are you using?
This Oregon dune riding is a breed of it's own I'm finding with running an X3
KWI x250 w/ full float mod, Primary has (4) gen 8 weights filled with magnet weights and (2) gen 7 weights

·
Registered
20 Posts
How does the green and black car sound with a Flowmaster muffler on it? I have a 2.5 inch borla muffler on a mine right now( which is sounds good). I'm thinking about building a 3-inch exhaust tho.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Any recommendations on where to buy some STU tires from? I live up by Bremerton WA.
I got mine from "Direct Drive" in Damascus, just outside of Portland. Picked them up on the way to the dunes. The work great in Oregon dunes and also Glamis. Tell them i sent you for a good deal.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
How does the green and black car sound with a Flowmaster muffler on it? I have a 2.5 inch borla muffler on a mine right now( which is sounds good). I'm thinking about building a 3-inch exhaust tho.
It sounds great! You can watch the finished video I just posted on my 1st post or watch it here.....

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Any recommendations on where to buy some STU tires from? I live up by Bremerton WA.
Kris Barr @ Oregon Motorsports in Clackamas, OR. 503-344-4509

Have him comp cut them and it saves 7.5 lbs a tire. People freak out about comp cutting tires but if you are somewhat careful you won't have any issues. He is one of the best there is at comp cutting.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Kris Barr @ Oregon Motorsports in Clackamas, OR. 503-344-4509

Have him comp cut them and it saves 7.5 lbs a tire. People freak out about comp cutting tires but if you are somewhat careful you won't have any issues. He is one of the best there is at comp cutting.
sounds good. I appreciate the help.

·
Registered
35 Posts
21 - 39 of 39 Posts