Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the greaseless A Arm bushings - I think I bought them from S3 and they squeal like a pig. I've tried using PTFE spray dry lube and that helps but the problem is re-occuring and honestly its bad enough I'm ready to switch out the damn things. The noise is unbearable and really shouldn't be so bad with these bushings. There are no grease zerks to grease so i'm considering going back to something I can grease.

Anyone have bushings they like and haven't had issues with?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll take a look at those. Also considering Super Daves. These S3 have been a pain since day 1.

·
Registered
10,334 Posts
I have the ones that Sand Craft sells.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the ones that Sand Craft sells.
They doing well for you. I do like the Garage Products versions. I spoke to them and they work with the S3 A-Arms.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm in the market for a set too. What's everyone's opinion on material? Delrin vs HDPE vs UHMW
Its hard to go wrong with SuperDaves - medical grade plastic material. Garage Products are Oil infused UHMW. This is where I'm leaning with their lifetime warranty and if Mega likes them it says a lot. He's not an easy win on products.

Reactions: Tmesic

·
Registered
10,334 Posts
They doing well for you. I do like the Garage Products versions. I spoke to them and they work with the S3 A-Arms.
Honestly I only had 100 miles on them on my old X3 and they seemed to work fine. I am putting them on my new X3, which will have S3 upper and lower arms. I think they are similar to the Garage Product ones.

If Garage Products has them in stock order them up.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Lubricating a polymer bushing is far worse than leaving it alone. Clean them if they're making noise. Bronze oil light bushings work very well with hardened shafts.

Reactions: tryinhard1080

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Super Dave’s have never let me down in like 7 buggies. I didn’t have time to wait for delivery the last time so I bought garage products. Not real impressed. Yes lifetime warranty but they are getting loose and I have never had to change or grease super Dave’s. These have about 1k miles on them .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Super Dave’s have never let me down in like 7 buggies. I didn’t have time to wait for delivery the last time so I bought garage products. Not real impressed. Yes lifetime warranty but they are getting loose and I have never had to change or grease super Dave’s. These have about 1k miles on them .

Well.. I ordered the garage products today so this is disappointing to hear. Getting Loose - Really? Its a PIA to change these things so I'm really hoping not to have to do it again.

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Not a huge pain but also not that fun. There are tricks that make it easier . I leave everything connect to the knuckle and spin the arm around and replace. I can change them in about 2 hrs start to finish but I’d rather not have to do it again lol

·
Registered
2019 X3 XRC
258 Posts
Just replaced mine with Garage Products. Only have a couple hundred miles on these but ran them for a few thousand in my Rzr. It is a pain in the ass compared to a Rzr, lol.

·
Premium Member
13,611 Posts
Mine squeeze like hell, and once done I noticed my steering box now squeaking more Than the bushingss

LOL, glad that didn't happen to me!

·
Registered
2020 XRC Turbo RR
589 Posts
I have the bushings that came with my HCR arms. I greased them with NGLI1 when I install the arms and didn't use wear plates. There's no squeaking.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I very lightly lubed with molly something, the CT bushings. The squeaky front end is embarrassing, but when people next to me start running their tapper I just slowly turn my wheels and it’s like nails on chalk boards. I kinda like that lol

1 - 20 of 34 Posts