Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if this sounds about right for what you guys are getting?

This is bone stock on dirt with two large people riding. Also at 6200ft elevation.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Looks pretty good to me

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
that's what I got at 7200ft

·
Registered
145 Posts
I got 78 at low 7900 rpms at 1300'. I have not tried to push it to the rev limiter yet. Need a longer strait away then where I tried it. I get 46 mph in low with sport low mod. All stock engine and clutch wise.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That article in the new Dirt Wheels is bullshit imo and obviously biased. Mine would do 74 at high altitude when it was brand new and still tight. That's with 2 people and gps verified too.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Bone stock mine would go 77. When I put roof, doors, light bar, and my tool box on it tops out at 75 but will go 77 on a slight down hill

·
Registered
363 Posts
The new dirt wheels says 72 and the rzr went 77 and wildcat 74
Ride Now says they top out in the low 60s.....And they're "experts"!!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Ride Now says they top out in the low 60s.....And they're "experts"!!
ride now said the maverick does low 60's ?

what is going on with these people places and magazines ? lol

·
Registered
230 Posts
Man ,down hear polaris is involved with so much of the dirt seen , no one wants to say the truth of there many faults , they put so much into marketing that all the dumb heads think ,oh, Polaris , must be the best everything else is shit, But I gotta give it to polaris in that even locally the support for guys starting out is quite good. Can am , pfffft, they pretty much see you as competition and don't give much of a shit how well you do, even though your out there promoting there product? When I see the back up the polaris guys get, it just shits me.

From ' The Land Down Under ' .

·
Vendor
6,222 Posts
As much as I enjoy Dirt Wheels, I think they're more of an advertisement to the highest bidder. I enjoy the mag, but I pick up every other ATV/UTV mag on the shelf as well.
I thought the exact same thing when I read it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.