Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if this sounds about right for what you guys are getting?

This is bone stock on dirt with two large people riding. Also at 6200ft elevation.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Looks pretty good to me

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
that's what I got at 7200ft

·
Registered
145 Posts
I got 78 at low 7900 rpms at 1300'. I have not tried to push it to the rev limiter yet. Need a longer strait away then where I tried it. I get 46 mph in low with sport low mod. All stock engine and clutch wise.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Mine ran 75mph at sea level on a level piece of road and it ran 77mph down hill at 8000rpm's

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That article in the new Dirt Wheels is bullshit imo and obviously biased. Mine would do 74 at high altitude when it was brand new and still tight. That's with 2 people and gps verified too.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Bone stock mine would go 77. When I put roof, doors, light bar, and my tool box on it tops out at 75 but will go 77 on a slight down hill

·
Registered
363 Posts
The new dirt wheels says 72 and the rzr went 77 and wildcat 74
Ride Now says they top out in the low 60s.....And they're "experts"!!

·
Registered
286 Posts
That article in the new Dirt Wheels is bullshit imo and obviously biased. Mine would do 74 at high altitude when it was brand new and still tight. That's with 2 people and gps verified too.
Ya for sure I thumbed the through the artical the other day and was like wow did somebody get paid off?

·
Registered
568 Posts
I was wondering when this would come up. Dirt Wheels lost a lot of respect from me. I didn't know that the popo cool aid was so wide spread

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Ride Now says they top out in the low 60s.....And they're "experts"!!
ride now said the maverick does low 60's ?

what is going on with these people places and magazines ? lol

·
Registered
230 Posts
Man ,down hear polaris is involved with so much of the dirt seen , no one wants to say the truth of there many faults , they put so much into marketing that all the dumb heads think ,oh, Polaris , must be the best everything else is shit, But I gotta give it to polaris in that even locally the support for guys starting out is quite good. Can am , pfffft, they pretty much see you as competition and don't give much of a shit how well you do, even though your out there promoting there product? When I see the back up the polaris guys get, it just shits me.

From ' The Land Down Under ' .

·
Registered
350 Posts
As much as I enjoy Dirt Wheels, I think they're more of an advertisement to the highest bidder. I enjoy the mag, but I pick up every other ATV/UTV mag on the shelf as well.

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
As much as I enjoy Dirt Wheels, I think they're more of an advertisement to the highest bidder. I enjoy the mag, but I pick up every other ATV/UTV mag on the shelf as well.
I thought the exact same thing when I read it.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
I don't read any of them I just go by what my machine does not what some stupid rag says it should.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts