Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
seems a little low on rpm and top speed. a buddy of mine has a max to, he called and asked if that was low and if so what could be done to improve it a hair, dealer thing or what. I have never had mine up yet besides a brief moment so I don't know where a MAX should be at. he was single driver half tank fuel.

what are the max'es doing on rpm and top end

on another note, that sport low switch thing, why that?? just to get more power in low gear for climbing or what??

·
Registered
964 Posts
That's about perfect actually. Sport low makes low more responsive just like it is in high. Full throttle improved timing etc.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Im surprised it goes that fast. I have not heard of a stock 2013 Maverick Xrs going faster than that and it's lighter than the Max.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I agree, those numbers seems good. 75mph on a machine that is not fully broken in is actually great especially for that heavy of a machine. Yep the sport low mode gives you 100% throttle instead of 70% when your in low gear.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Sport low on a Max will be very helpful when loaded down and doing any type of technical riding or climbing….

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Really hes not happy with 75?

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I wouldn't complain about 7900 rpm and 75 mph. Any 2013 Maverick owner would jump for joy.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
My stock Mav did 73 mph in sand on the very first trip to the desert. Now thats it broken in and with the QSC/STM combo and a Muzzy exhaust, I'm hoping for 80+mph top end.

·
Registered
252 Posts
My stock mav does 77mph on flat land. I've seen 83mph with one hell of a down hill run on the road

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well heck, now im going to try mine out and see... he thought it was low, im going to tell him he should be thrilled...
so let me get this straight, on the sport low thing. you don't drive with it in low at any speeds above what??? the limit is what?? but for climbing hills its perfect. what is the limit rpm or speed wise on low that you would not go over without some sort of potential damages.

now where do you get a sport low thing, from those of you who use them, any issues on machine using that. does it show LOW still and can it be turned on and bypassed back off to show Low on display...thanks

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
There are about 6 threads on sport low in here, they will tell you all you need to know. I keep mine in SL and have done no damage yet. It's good for any riding under 35-40 mph.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Mine runs 77mph at 8000 rpm. That's with my 30" motoclaws on it. Figure them in and probably between 80-84 mph maybe

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I had my stock clutch hit 79 one time on a slight down hill. I usually see 75 to 77 max with the stock.
Yup, 77 is the best I've seen on my XRS on flat ground. If they get 75 out of a Max, I'd say that pretty damn good.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Nice...Glad to see the Max isn't hurting on performance due to a little added wieght.

Reactions: Big_Al

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
is there a chance that Can Am gave the Max some extra power to compensate for the added weight? Would be interesting to see a dyno of a Mav vs a Max….Otherwise, you would think the Max would naturally be slower. Arctic Cat states that their Wildcat 4 X has additional power….

1 - 20 of 21 Posts