Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i just picked up a 19 left over base model x3 turbo, question on the spring measurement, the fox diagram shows 2 springs, these qs3's have 3 - do i still measure from bottom of nut to bottom of spring?

fox recommends 26.5, im at 28.25 from under the nut or 26 if i measure from the bottom of the top spring.

Thanks

·
Registered
742 Posts
Setup the ground clearance, adjust from there, they come out of the box riding wayyyy low. They ride better when the shocks are setup correctly. Keep searching, i know the XRS model/ mine, not so much the base model. You could always upgrade the shocks in the future....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Setup the ground clearance, adjust from there, they come out of the box riding wayyyy low. They ride better when the shocks are setup correctly. Keep searching, i know the XRS model/ mine, not so much the base model. You could always upgrade the shocks in the future....
Thank you, with 32's im at 17.5" in front (measured front of control arm pivot) AND 17.25 in rear (back of skid plate) - haven't driven it in yet, just rolled it around in garage.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Thank you, with 32's im at 17.5" in front (measured front of control arm pivot) AND 17.25 in rear (back of skid plate) - haven't driven it in yet, just rolled it around in garage.
Those are RS ground clearance numbers. If that is your “settled” height its -2” to high for a 64” model.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yeah on 64" I try to keep mine at least 14-14.5" front and 14.5-15.5" rear. That seams to work the best for me. Thats with 30" tires

·
Registered
742 Posts
So with the 32” tires, you’re probably good at 15-16” front and rear, once you put some miles on it, the springs will settle and sag, plan on upgrading the springs at some point, even a year out, you will probably need to keep adding preload here n there. Also you could reach out to a shock tuner on here, like shock therapy or Ed the suspension guy for about the best you can get...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts