Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i spent $6 at the local metal suppy shop for 34" of 7/8 6061 aluminum solid stock. Then cut them to length and rigged them up in my drill press. Drilled 1/2" holes 1.75" deep in each end then threaded them to 14mm 1.5 pitch. Next i put some flat spots on them for a wrench and installed them with 1/8" toe in. Very easy and cheap thing to do.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
well u crafty handy lil son of a gun u

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Well at least we sort of understand what the markup is for these tie rod bars. Kudos to Mega. Youre not an a$$hole all the time. :)

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Looking like a regular machinest. I bought some solid stock from Speedy Metal on the web. I think it was $4 for 18"

·
Registered
403 Posts
megadesertdiesel said:
Just don't break or bend them . Use a little common sense and place your tires correctly when going over obstacles. Placing your front tires on the obstacle is better than cranking the wheel around it. Tie rods bend when you have the tire turned and weight from the machine transfered to that corner.
Remember that statement? Why would you waste your time on building tie rods, when you're are perfectly fine!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Remember that statement? Why would you waste your time on building tie rods, when you're are perfectly fine!
he wanted white ones

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
nice job, looks like you have some nice tools in your garage!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
MEGA I found your truck

1385543_10151619256390904_770315830_n.jpg

1 - 20 of 38 Posts