Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally finished and it came out good. I know some will be concerned about the center of gravity and the rear overhang, we addressed this by telling all the people in the forward seats to think very low and heavy thoughts......so far so good. Also I was warned about the potential for wheelies, after 100+ miles it is with great saddness that I report not a single one......

Think you Phil, Dany, and Carlo! You guys are awesome, and thank you Alex for the nets and the hitch and thank you Todd for the seats after 2 people left us hanging.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
looks pretty cool....not for me, but definitely cool.

·
Registered
410 Posts
You gotta put a "short bus" sticker on that beast! Nice work.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Nice job on the conversion to a 6 seater. It's pretty cool to see people pushing the limits of the Maverick.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Holy crap, that's a beast! You should fabricate a 4 seat trailer...then call it the "nuts to butts express" (side x side x side) :haha: j/k

Nice work by the way....

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I think its a pretty cool set up and nice job to man !

no its not a dune machine but a awesome trail rig !

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
That's impressive. I would have never thought that could be pulled off so cleanly. You guys are real craftsmen!

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
Looks good. How is the rear suspension with the extra weight in the back and the extra weight so far back?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Surprisingly not bad at all. Still very neutral, if I hadn't driven it before I wouldn't have thought twice about it. Since I did I know that at the limit on the exit of a certain tight turn on the GP track in durhamtown there can be a tendency to want to lift the inside front or at least feel that way. Also on the muddy trails while going slow I had to steer with the throttle more. I am not sure if this was because of the mud or the weight or both. I will be calling you sometime about shock work and maybe we can tweak your package for the extra weight.

It's great to be able to throw everyone in it.

Do you have the female seat belt part of those window net?
Thanks again for them.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Sweet ride man!

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
Surprisingly not bad at all. Still very neutral, if I hadn't driven it before I wouldn't have thought twice about it. Since I did I know that at the limit on the exit of a certain tight turn on the GP track in durhamtown there can be a tendency to want to lift the inside front or at least feel that way. Also on the muddy trails while going slow I had to steer with the throttle more. I am not sure if this was because of the mud or the weight or both. I will be calling you sometime about shock work and maybe we can tweak your package for the extra weight.

It's great to be able to throw everyone in it.

Do you have the female seat belt part of those window net?
Thanks again for them.
I looked for them and couldn't find them. Let me look again. If not a may have a buddy that has them and ill see if i can get them from him.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Very nice work. Might be OK in the winter time but the poor kids in the back seat are going to burn their butts. Everything we put in the luggage area of our xrs gets hotter than hades.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts