Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

50w Cree 9005 head light bulbs .

10K views 36 replies 12 participants last post by  Henry427 
#1 · (Edited)
#3 ·
Ya i was wondering the same? I already have HIDs in the high beams, but now im thinking about the low beams and now looking twards these because i dont like to wait for them to warm up. the last ones on my list are my favorit so far. 40w would be good for low beam.

#5 ·
cool. yeah I with Benzo and curious how they will work.

#6 ·
silly question....does the LED on these emit the light in the right direction to reflect off of the reflective lens in the headlights???

#7 ·
Yes it works the same way a regular light bulb reflects off the light housing

#8 ·
ok so whos the ginny pig

or we get 10 guys $10 each and one of us trys them ,lol jk

#12 ·
good point unless you are dead set on going with LED

#13 ·
The only advantage for the LEDs is lower watt draw.

#14 ·
can you match light temps between the LED's and the HID's? Some folks might care if their lights aren't all the same temp......

#15 ·
Don't know but I bet the HID's are much hotter

#25 ·
I like the ones in the last link better. I have 55watt HIDs 5500K in my high beams now and there great, and Stock halogens in low beams. And what i do like is the LEDs dont produce the EMI like the HIDS do. so radios will work better. As of right now tho Im putting 4 point harnesses on my priority list.

#30 ·
#32 ·
I've tested these, they are a decent alternative to HIDs. For eye style lenses nothing beats 35watt HIDs for low and 55Watt for highs. I've tried them all. Plus the ballast on the COD LED is not water tight. They advertise 3200 Lumen which is a far fetched statement. It's more like 1800 to 2000. They will look awesome next to the stock bulb:)

#37 · (Edited)
Update of the Led lights i got,
They are bright but are not as bright as HIDs distance wise. the thing i discoverd is that.
1. they do not work as well in projector style housings as they do in regular non projector light housings.
2. the Lumes rating is at the bulb so as far as light distance they only produce light up to half of what the regular hologen lights emitt.

I tryed them in my truck light housing and they work, alot better because the reflector is larger and not as close to the led as it was inside the projector housing on the maverick. When they where in the maverick i was only able to see about 45ft or so of the ground. when i installed them on my truck i could get another 40 or 50 ft of light out of them. Hids are still better in the headlight housings because of the massive amount of light they produce. If you want a good led light I would just got with a LED light bar. Im just going to use these LED head lights in my trucks high beam housing as they, do work really good for flashing people when they think your low beams are high LOL

Dont get me wrong these LED head light bulbs are good but they still need a few years of perfecting before they will be as good as a LED bar or HID. If they made a 9005 with the 25w CREE led thats in the Vision X light cannon. We would probably have some of the most badass headlights out there. Untell then HIDs will have to do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.