·
Registered
4,535 Posts
wow cool I wonder how they do

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya i was wondering the same? I already have HIDs in the high beams, but now im thinking about the low beams and now looking twards these because i dont like to wait for them to warm up. the last ones on my list are my favorit so far. 40w would be good for low beam.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
cool. yeah I with Benzo and curious how they will work.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
silly question....does the LED on these emit the light in the right direction to reflect off of the reflective lens in the headlights???

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes it works the same way a regular light bulb reflects off the light housing

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
ok so whos the ginny pig

or we get 10 guys $10 each and one of us trys them ,lol jk

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
silly question....does the LED on these emit the light in the right direction to reflect off of the reflective lens in the headlights???
Excellent question heavy. I think this is why aftermarket HIDs are illegal. I've been blinded by drivers putting HIDs in a old car that has reflective lens that were not designed for such light.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Excellent question heavy. I think this is why aftermarket HIDs are illegal. I've been blinded by drivers putting HIDs in a old car that has reflective lens that were not designed for such light.
These reflect directly to the side but wasn't sure if the stock bulbs do as well or if they are designed to reflect to the side but also off the front of the bulb to the rear......basically just wanted to see if anyone knew if these bulbs will effectively reflect the light in the stock housing....

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I personally wouldn't mess with these because the HID kit is 40 bucks versus these at a hundred and five or hundred and $80. The stock lite converted to H IDs are excellent!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
good point unless you are dead set on going with LED

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
The only advantage for the LEDs is lower watt draw.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
can you match light temps between the LED's and the HID's? Some folks might care if their lights aren't all the same temp......

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Don't know but I bet the HID's are much hotter

·
Registered
713 Posts
The HID's are way hotter then the LEDs. The 35 watt HIDs use 35 watts to ignite then use a very low amount of power. Not as low as LED but still very low.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts