Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the Maintenance Required Message across the Dash this last trip out.

Looking over the service Manual, I feel comfortable checking fluid levels, greasing all the zerks and the Shock bearings.

I'm just a bit hesitant to to take apart the clutch and ISOFlex grease the one way bearing... Some say to grease the one way bearing every 1000mi...

Any tips or advice on this?

I was reading that I can take off the outer Sheave on the Primary and then carefully remove the One Way bearing.. ( Expect pins and Springs to come shooting out...)

·
Registered
227 Posts
It sounds harder than it is. I took mine apart the first week I had it, with no manual or instruction. Not hard at all.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Not hard until springs and needle bearings start flying everywhere

·
Registered
531 Posts
Not hard until springs and needle bearings start flying everywhere
Nice. Scare the guy to death :)
or as my buddy always says: "what's the worst that can happen?"

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After Watching HunterWorks Video's a few more times on the Clutch removal I feel confident about pulling it off and putting it back on.

Any tips or advice from someone that has done a few always seems to make things go smoother and also what to keep and eye out for.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Stifflers write up pretty much covers the job. Nice write up btw.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Dealer was "supposed" to do it along with the 50 hr service, but gave me some story about "...the bearing is sealed and grease not necessary..." good thing I bought pre-paid maitenance, huh? I guess I'll have to do it myself.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dealer was "supposed" to do it along with the 50 hr service, but gave me some story about "...the bearing is sealed and grease not necessary..." good thing I bought pre-paid maitenance, huh? I guess I'll have to do it myself.
That is also my concern with taking my machine into the "Dealer" for maintenance vs doing it myself. I feel like they Charge for the service but then don't do it.... Or really over charge for something. I feel like I could do this in about 2-3 hours myself. I would expect the dealer could do it faster since the Techs do it for a living and also have a lift. Hmmm....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts