Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,905 Posts
will it be at the sand outlaw race in utah?

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
thought 40 psi was closer to 400hp than 500
the 900 aint going to ever make 600

·
Registered
67 Posts
Finally got mine fired up today.
Full whalen engine build stage 2.
Motec m130 ecm
E85 1700cc injectors
Xr54 turbocharger x2c cover
Full kwi clutching with rf2 pro. I have a primary set up with drag kwi clutching and I also have another outer 1/2 With the AO set up.
Still waiting on muffler but it's ready to begin the tuning process.
Going to do a 35 psi tune and a 45 to 50 psi tune.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
so 50psi is 500+?
wow the cold intake is right next to the hot exhaust...ouch
that poor bov is going to melt...

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
I like it better on the pto side..lol

·
Premium Member
3,905 Posts
John told me 40 psi is 400 with what I'm running. Not sure about all the numbers or what to believe but it should be fast. 500 just seems far fetched for such a small engine and 600 mathematical probably isn't possible without nitro lol.
did you do the billet block, internals, head work and machining like the evo car has or just head studs? Also you running STM custom clutches to set it up or are you relying on the KWI stock clutches setup with the reinforcer brace for now?

·
Registered
67 Posts
did you do the billet block, internals, head work and machining like the evo car has or just head studs? Also you running STM custom clutches to set it up or are you relying on the KWI stock clutches setup with the reinforcer brace for now?
Engine is fully built, whalen v2 build. Block is machined to except 11mm head studs also. For now I'm going to be using stock clutches and according to Kris at kwi they're living fine but I'm going to keep rpm below 9k. Rpm kills parts. I'll end up with STM I have a feeling. I'm building a scatter shield for primary to be safe.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Wonder what would happen if something broke and crashed the car while not wearing helmets.
It's a neat car but he is just one accident away from a bad day. Use your head

·
Premium Member
3,905 Posts
Engine is fully built, whalen v2 build. Block is machined to except 11mm head studs also. For now I'm going to be using stock clutches and according to Kris at kwi they're living fine but I'm going to keep rpm below 9k. Rpm kills parts. I'll end up with STM I have a feeling. I'm building a scatter shield for primary to be safe.

def get the aluminum scatter guard for your clutch. The high power cars eat belts especially if you don't change them preemptively. If you loose a belt at 9000 rpm and it tares instead of disintegrate, it could rip the throttle body apart as a result. Seen it on a few that shattered their housings and these were only cars in the 200 - 250 hp club

·
Registered
67 Posts
def get the aluminum scatter guard for your clutch. The high power cars eat belts especially if you don't change them preemptively. If you loose a belt at 9000 rpm and it tares instead of disintegrate, it could rip the throttle body apart as a result. Seen it on a few that shattered their housings and these were only cars in the 200 - 250 hp club
Yeah good idea. I also have a 2020 xrc with the green turbo and a few other mods, makes about 250 wheel. I've had good luck with belts, but I also learned a lot years ago drag racing snowmobiles about proper belt brake in.

·
Premium Member
7,986 Posts
Yea, I am gonna need to see some dyno sheets on all these to believe these numbers, sorry.

·
Premium Member
7,986 Posts
There is also a lot more that goes into tuning than just boost numbers. Its not like x boost always equals y horsepower. Different tuners can get to a number through different means with timing and fuel and probably a lot more that I dont know about.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts