Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The annoying rattle at around 5000 rpm is killing me. What’s the problem or what can fix it?thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
Me too!! I tired a hose clamp around the exhaust heat shields and at first I thought it helped. But nope. I hope someone can figure it out.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Foam earplugs work for me. Nothing will ever make these machines quiet. Save your energy and your ears and block out the noise. You are wasting your time trying to stop it. The noise is distracting to me. Earplugs let me focus on driving and enjoying the ride. Good luck.

·
Registered
832 Posts
The 2020 cover and insulation is said to help but i dont know from experience, but i will be trying it

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
372 Posts
The 2020 cover and insulation is said to help but i dont know from experience, but i will be trying it

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Have you guys seen what those 2020 insulated covers look like after a belt goes? When I first got mine it really rattled around the 5k mark, but it has disappeared for me with time. There is multiple pages about it, with all kinds of ideas of what it could be and with others claiming different solutions to theirs. Good luck I would try not to let it bother you, and mess with the easier items mentioned to check in other posts.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have concluded mine is clutch noise. I only notice it without my headsets on, so it surprised me when I drove it around my block and I asked the same question last week. LOL..

Live with it is pretty much what I have decided to do as well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's the clutch. And it's LAF!
Get the over priced Air Intake Relocation Kit from Adrenaline Cycles.
It helps! I would say at least a 50% noise reduction in the cab. I roll a four seater and I always felt bad for the drivers side passenger. And sorry for me too! But, yeah, it works. I'm also going to add a poly full back window. My buddy said that will take another 25% noise reduction. That's 75% less noise then stock! That's got my 2 cents!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Why hasn’t some aftermarket company developed new weights for the primary that doesn’t make this noise?? Seems like it shouldn’t be too hard.

·
Administrator
4,039 Posts
We are new to the X3 family with only 50 miles on our 2020 RC RR, but yuppers, that 5K rattle is very prevalent and is still being added at NO ADDITIONAL COST...lol

Since so many owners have described this sound, virtually the same every time they post (even on FB), I have my own thoughts on what is occurring. However, until I get more seat time listening to it, I'll withhold my far-fetched idea for now.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I have an 18 XDS, I’ve never noticed it, I did install an RR intercom system after 500 miles because of the intake noise, but never heard the rattle. I rented a 2020 XRS in Moab and heard it all day, very annoying!! Don’t know why some cars have it and some don’t.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I recently purchased some noise cancelling bluetooth ear buds to solve the 5k rattle. Used them on two rides now and they work great. I can play my music from my tablet while BackCountry Navigator is running.

·
Premium Member
2018.5 Can Am Maverick X3 XRS
187 Posts
It's aliens isn't it??? :big smile: I watch the History channel too!!!

We are new to the X3 family with only 50 miles on our 2020 RC RR, but yuppers, that 5K rattle is very prevalent and is still being added at NO ADDITIONAL COST...lol

Since so many owners have described this sound, virtually the same every time they post (even on FB), I have my own thoughts on what is occurring. However, until I get more seat time listening to it, I'll withhold my far-fetched idea for now.

Reactions: LBR

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Short of spending some serious money on completely new clutches, there is NO FIX to this problem that has been made public on the forum or by BRP. Even new aftermarket clutch kits have noise. Put on a helmet, headset, earbuds or whatever you prefer to drown it out and just drive it like you stole it with a huge smile on your face every time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Depending on the rattle, mine was actually the rear drive shaft. The drive shaft fitment through the carrier bearing and on the rear spline is not a tight fit, mine rattled about 4500-5000 rpm whether it was moving or setting still in my shop. I was able to identify this by driving at 4500-5000 rpm then stop engage the four wheel drive then drive again at 4500-5000 rpm. After market grease able carrier bearing and adding set screw to rear yoke fixed mine.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts