Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the advice from multiple forum members, I ended up purchasing a full set of 50 Caliber Powdercoated Beadlock Wheels. Anyone have an opinion on these? I was helped by Richie and he was really helpful and expedited the process for me, so I could get the wheels on Friday. 12x10-beadlock-wheel-4x137mm.jpg

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Mega has his dune tires mounted on them, and says he loves em.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mega has his dune tires mounted on them, and says he loves em.
He was one of the members that suggested these. I ended up going with 12x8 for the front and 12x10 for the rears. The way these are looking, I wouldn't mind putting my bighorns on these and leaving the skat traks on the stock beadlocks. Think that would work? I know the bighorn front is 9" wide.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
ya there pretty much dwt red labels with a beadlock ? right

there nice affordable bead locks

·
Registered
9,352 Posts
Your sand set up will work much better with the wider rims. It will let them float on the sand.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
He was one of the members that suggested these. I ended up going with 12x8 for the front and 12x10 for the rears. The way these are looking, I wouldn't mind putting my bighorns on these and leaving the skat traks on the stock beadlocks. Think that would work? I know the bighorn front is 9" wide.
Your sand set up will work much better with the wider rims. It will let them float on the sand.
ya like u asked in email , only thing with running stock wheels is the paddles will be narrower , wide is better which ur new wheels will be perfect ! for the paddles

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya like u asked in email , only thing with running stock wheels is the paddles will be narrower , wide is better which ur new wheels will be perfect ! for the paddles
I think I will put these 50 Caliber Wheels on the Skat Traks and then sell my stock beadlock setup w/wheels and get into 14" for everything, but sand.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I think I will put these 50 Caliber Wheels on the Skat Traks and then sell my stock beadlock setup w/wheels and get into 14" for everything, but sand.
there u go , perfect , less chance of rocks to get stuck in wheels also

·
Registered
9,352 Posts
Yep - the 10" wide rim will be perfect for the paddle tires. Jumping up to 14" rims for the dirt will be nice, but the pricing goes up a lot for the tires and rims.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have had great luck with 50 Caliber wheels.. Four buddies have them with zero issues. We only use them at dunes so I can't speak for durability in other terrains.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I agree. Put your sand tires on them. I know from experience they will work better on the wider rims.

Reactions: sand shark
1 - 20 of 26 Posts