Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, I'm sorry if this is already been covered. I looked but I didn't see anything. I have t a 2020 Maverick X3 RS Turbo RR. I do know that the machine is higher than previous years. I'm still having a little trouble with ground clearance. I may put a little bigger tire on it but I do not want to lose the power that this machine has. So I was thinking about doing a lift kit? I ran across a deal for "high lift Springs" that do a 5" lift. Looking for any advice if this is good or bed idea? What kind of wear and tear it my do? Do I need to replace other components other than the Springs to do the left correctly?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
The biggest issue will be CV joint angles and the ride quality. With a decent set of Eibach springs and 32 inch tires you can easily get 19 inches of ride height and still keep the angles and ride quality. Do you really need any more than that? You can go up in tire size a bit but after the 32 you will most likely need some clutch work to keep your RPMS in the desired ranges.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hay JDBPFLYER thank you for your reply. I just really didn't want to go 32". I've talked to some buddies and I know the added tire weight will slows the machine down. I love how fast it is stock. So if I could stick with the stock 30" I would be happy. That's why I was thinking of lifting it and keeping stock tire size. I don't think it's common to do a lift kit. Which means there must be a reason. So thank you for the foresight on the CV joints. At the end of the day I may just have to do an upgrade to the stock 195 hp and bigger tires I guess.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
If you’re set on the 30’s you can still get 18” of ground clearance with a preload adjustment and Eibach springs. Remember to adjust crossover heights as well. Look at the specs for your 30’s and see what’s available in 32”, you may be surprised at the very small weight differential. A PV3 with a good tune (many to choose from) will be the best bang for the buck if you’re worried about performance loss with the larger tires. Personally I would go with a tune and 32” with a ride height at 19” front and 18 1/2 rear with new Eibach Stage 2 or 3 springs depending on how much extra weight you have on the car. Let us know what you decide and your results.

·
Premium Member
9,981 Posts
Hay JDBPFLYER thank you for your reply. I just really didn't want to go 32". I've talked to some buddies and I know the added tire weight will slows the machine down. I love how fast it is stock. So if I could stick with the stock 30" I would be happy. That's why I was thinking of lifting it and keeping stock tire size. I don't think it's common to do a lift kit. Which means there must be a reason. So thank you for the foresight on the CV joints. At the end of the day I may just have to do an upgrade to the stock 195 hp and bigger tires I guess.
Please don't lift it, even if that was available. These threads come up every so often, along with portals being the other one. The X3 was made to be low and fast, like a Corvette. If ground clearance is what you're after like JDBPFLYER has said springs help out a great deal. 32" tires don't add that much weight, and you can always do a clutch kit to make your car even faster.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Definitely go with the 32 inch tires and new springs ......5 inches is a lot of lift and you
Tires will help out with ground clearance better than the lift

you’re claiming that the bigger tires will slow the machine down ......so give us some numbers ? How much do you think it will slow it down ? Tires and tune are the way to go ......you’ll have a more capable machine with that combo

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok well I'll try 32s thank your for your input. That's what I was looking for. So I need new a-arms. I'm looking at high lifter a-arms. Those should work fine with that 32 set up correct?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Heck put 33’s on it if you want !

check CT Raceworx for waaaaaay better a-arms than hi-lifter

Reactions: Rally07sti

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
High lifter arms are tough as hell and many people run them including me. I only needed lowers so I went with them. Less than half the cost of ct or others . If I needed uppers and lowers I prob would have went a different direction. Shop around .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
328 Posts
Yup those highlifter a arms are half the price , 1/2 the strength and not anywhere near as attractive as the CT Raceworx......a couple hundred more and you get something that is overbuilt and looks like a work or art .......boxed and welded. I have highlifter one one of my machines and CT on the other , night and day looks . The highlifter looks like you could bend them and the CT looks like it could go through a nuclear war without damage . They will last forever and are very impressive .

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
You do realize he talking x3 not og mav. For 450$ more you are getting a better looking arm, but once again it’s only as strong as the the tabs and studs that hold it on. I’m sure it’s been done but never seen a high lifter arm brake . Seen the whole arm get ripped off the it stayed intact , it got ripped off the frame. Tubed ct arms would be a better choice strictly for weight reduction .

·
Registered
182 Posts
Awww jeeze not another one of these threads...

Readers Digest version, DON'T lift an X3, period. It's been covered extensively and very recently, there's plenty of great alternatives and suggestions right on this thread and in search results...

·
Registered
328 Posts
You do realize he talking x3 not og mav. For 450$ more you are getting a better looking arm, but once again it’s only as strong as the the tabs and studs that hold it on. I’m sure it’s been done but never seen a high lifter arm brake . Seen the whole arm get ripped off the it stayed intact , it got ripped off the frame. Tubed ct arms would be a better choice strictly for weight reduction .

you’re the only one that mentioned an OG maverick .....and if you weren’t paying attention as usual I posted pics of x3 arms. I have seen highlifter arms bent multiple times from large rocks , zero damage to the tabs . No one mentioned “brake” as you wrote .....I was talking about bent not broken. You’ll never bend a CT arm or fatally dent it landing on a large rock ...... and yeah they look 100% better and beefier. People bend a arms all the time with zero damage to the tabs .

·
Registered
328 Posts
Awww jeeze not another one of these threads...

Readers Digest version, DON'T lift an X3, period. It's been covered extensively and very recently, there's plenty of great alternatives and suggestions right on this thread and in search results...
unless you’re a slow poke mudder ! Jeez I’ve seen some huge , monster lifted X3’s with postals and 40 + inch tires .....you can crawl under them ! Lots of mudders on the east coast put huge lifts on them ......so sad , lol ....
they lose the ability to ride tight and fun trails, I’ve seen the tip over trying to take a slow downhill turn

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey everyone thank you for being so helpful!!! I will not go with the high lift a arms then. One last question about a arms how are super ATV's they do have a lifetime warranty? I would like to go with the tube version but opened to suggestions. Like the Box version super atv makes as well? If you say save the headache of the super atvs. Then I would go with the Chromoly CT race works? Is ct box just the best way to go? I don't know why but I like the tube look better plus they're lighter.

·
Premium Member
7,869 Posts
Highlighter makes high arched non lift arms also. i running them and they are cheap.

You can also buy the Extreme performance weld on taco kit and call it good for $80.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
you’re the only one that mentioned an OG maverick .....and if you weren’t paying attention as usual I posted pics of x3 arms. I have seen highlifter arms bent multiple times from large rocks , zero damage to the tabs . No one mentioned “brake” as you wrote .....I was talking about bent not broken. You’ll never bend a CT arm or fatally dent it landing on a large rock ...... and yeah they look 100% better and beefier. People bend a arms all the time with zero damage to the tabs .
Not taking the bait. Lol

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hey everyone thank you for being so helpful!!! I will not go with the high lift a arms then. One last question about a arms how are super ATV's they do have a lifetime warranty? I would like to go with the tube version but opened to suggestions. Like the Box version super atv makes as well? If you say save the headache of the super atvs. Then I would go with the Chromoly CT race works? Is ct box just the best way to go? I don't know why but I like the tube look better plus they're lighter.
If you like the tube look and the fact that they are lighter ......plus cheaper then don’t shy away from highlifter .....highlifter or super atv will be fine........it’s about what you like personally , if you bend one buy another with the money you saved . Chances are you will never have an issue .

the raw or chromoly CT boxed are gorgeous !! I promise you will look at them every time you look at your Mav.....same with the Super atv boxed. Yes they are lifetime warranty .

goona run king of the hammers and stuff like that ? Buy the CT.......like the tube look then Super or highlifter

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
You’re not gonna bend either one from ct. something else will break before you do. Just depends on how much you want to spend. Some people like satv others don’t. Just remember you have to have a weak link somewhere.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Not taking the bait. Lol

Just messing with you Dizzle !! Your highlifter arms look great on your vehicle and you ride rocky areas

the boxed a arms look like they belong on a race car or military vehicle .....and that adds weight ......but damn they look amazing !

1 - 20 of 28 Posts