Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchase a 2016 Can-am maverick 1000r X xc last Friday. I took it out on the trails, found myself in a position that I need 4wd. So I switched it into 4wd the solenoid is engaging the 4wd indicator is showing on the dash but with all four wheels on the ground with 4wd selected I’m only get back wheels spinning.
I have already jacked it up with all four wheels off the ground and with it off the ground I select 4wd I’m getting power the front diff I know because with it off the ground my front driver tire moves in 4wd but mypassenger tire doesn’t at all. I tried stopping the driver tire to see if the passenger one would try and moved but still nothing.
Don’t really know nothing about 4wd and this is my very first SxS and first Can-am. Would someone please help me.

·
Premium Member
7,860 Posts
I would bet you have a broken axle tip. the diff side end of the axle where the clip is broke of.

Pull passenger side axle and inspect.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But if it was broke in the diff wouldn’t I be able to pull it out. I’ve grabbed the axel and pulled on it and it isn’t coming out of the diff.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts