Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my 2020 Can Am X3 xRS turbbo R out for the very first time last weekend and darn it if the 4wd wouldn't engage.
The dash light indicator showed 2wd only.
I got on it to spin the front wheels and no pull from the front wheels. I did this to see if it was just an actual drive problem or gage problem.

I pulled the switch out of dash and made sure the elec connection was clean and connected. It was.

Now what should I do next?

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Premium Member
14,238 Posts
Welcome from Tucson AZ. It "could" be the actuator. How did you take a '20 out for the first time? Are you still under warranty?

Reactions: Kecusack

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the warm welcome!

I bought the machine used in December with 1,100 miles on it AND MOTHER NATURE HAS BEEN CRUEL to those of us in CO for the past 4 months!!

I put the key in and press the Start button to get the dash to light up but not start the engine. On the dash the outline of the sxs shows the rear diff locked and no lock on the front diff. I push the 4x4 switch and hear and see NOTHING. Dash stays the same in 2x4 and no clicking

I've tried this 3 diff times with the same results. Nothing.

Just to let everyone know, over the 4 months my sxs sat the battery died as in DEAD. I charged it and it's holding a charge no problem. I don't know why that would cause any issues but just giving all the background I have.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you for the warm welcome!

I bought the machine used in December with 1,100 miles on it AND MOTHER NATURE HAS BEEN CRUEL to those of us in CO for the past 4 months!!

I put the key in and press the Start button to get the dash to light up but not start the engine. On the dash the outline of the sxs shows the rear diff locked and no lock on the front diff. I push the 4x4 switch and hear and see NOTHING. Dash stays the same in 2x4 and no clicking

I've tried this 3 diff times with the same results. Nothing.

Just to let everyone know, over the 4 months my sxs sat the battery died as in DEAD. I charged it and it's holding a charge no problem. I don't know why that would cause any issues but just giving all the background I have.
Did you ever find a fix for this I’m having the same issue

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I took my SXS to the dealer to have them go through the 4x4.

This is a good news bad news situation.

The good news is it was a simple fix and only cost me $40.

The bad news is I spent $40 to have them change the fuse for the 4x4! They did check it for power surges to see why it blew and didn't find anything so that gives me a little peace of mind.

Moral of the story is start with the simple stuff before you start looking into the harder things.

Thanks for your input everybody.👍🏼

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Sometimes it’s just the switch, my OG Maverick would do that, would just have to push the switch a few times. On my X3 I’ve never had a problem though. Maybe they use better switches now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts