Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2020 XDS RR, 2019 Sport 1000R
3,249 Posts
Not to hijack, but is it worth replacing the carrier proactively to something better and greasable like Sandcraft? Seems like everyone winds up replacing theirs eventually
Just know it's a solid mount with no rubber dampner. Is that a good thing or a bad thing on some machines? Maybe, maybe not.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The factory carrier bearing is $30, seems really inexpensive but they hold up really well in my experience. I changed mine at about 5,000 miles for maintenance but there was nothing wrong with it, now I have a spare. I had a hard mounted greasable one in my polaris rzr turbo that seemed to hold up well also, but ended up a bit messy if greased at decent intervals. I felt compelled to grease it all the time and was a pain, one in a Can Am would be much easier to access.

·
Registered
2020 XDS RR, 2019 Sport 1000R
3,249 Posts
The factory carrier bearing is $30, seems really inexpensive but they hold up really well in my experience. I changed mine at about 5,000 miles for maintenance but there was nothing wrong with it, now I have a spare. I had a hard mounted greasable one in my polaris rzr turbo that seemed to hold up well also, but ended up a bit messy if greased at decent intervals. I felt compelled to grease it all the time and was a pain, one in a Can Am would be much easier to access.
Mine just blew at about 5700 miles or so. OEM replacement went back in.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
Update: Problem Resolved

For some reason the shaft was too far forward towards the front diff which meant the shaft was about to fall off of the spline by the carrier bearing. That slack was causing it to sag and hit the frame. I adjusted the shaft and the issue went away. Carrier bearing is fine.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts