Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

450 quad vs Mav

5K views 34 replies 12 participants last post by  Cali_Cummins 
#1 ·
What do you think can a Mav beat a mod 450 quad (stock need not apply) down gecko? Icky ..sand shark you guys up to this to this task? Maybe Ryan

#3 ·
No way the Mav is faster. It's all about power to weight ratio, and the 450 quad is far superior there!

#4 ·
I am down to find out. I think my 450 tops out a little over 70. Ryan's is faster than mine after Tom's secret port job.

I think it will be closer than people think

#6 ·
Closer maybe with Ryans...lol Ryan n you both are very good riders on fast quads so it will be a lots closer than all the other 450 that have lost....video definitely. Lets do it at Andrews camp because billy womack just got a xp1k...I can shut him up too if it is still running by Saturday. .lol

Reactions: k goodrich
#11 ·
I have raced a LTZ 400, kfx 400 modded raptor 660, modded yfz 450 and a highly modded brand new raptor 700, the 660 and both 400's were not even close, the 450 right off the line would pull about two bike lengths then I would start to catch it, If we raced any longer I would have beat it, the raptor 700 spanked my ass, only raced about 300', on the trail as long as its not tight and technical, none of these bikes can keep up. they cant handle the rough trails as good, they don't have the suspension.

Reactions: usaguy
#12 ·
You want me to reach out to Wade n get you a custom 60 tb. When matched with ur clutch..air intake...exhuast..my pc5 tune u might get ur wish n beat a stock Mav

#14 ·
Dude u got me remember just like I got u to fix my shit in the field..lol. The audi tb will not give you the performance that my 60 tb does. Number one there is much more to a TB than size and that one was not built for our car but an Audi. The custom 58 or 60 tb that Wade built for me is specifically for the Mav for faster acceleration n Top speed. Why do think my stock motor commander laid the smack down on ur quad n so many others.

#17 ·
It's a custom 60mm TB, not a 57 or 58.

#18 · (Edited)
He made a custom 58 n 60 but have the 60 mm tb. Someone asked if I had proof. No single mod works on any vehicle works solo (except the stm clutch) but my TB mods from Wade have been working for a long time (much faster acceleration after the clutch n intake exhuast mods). Put a mav against my old commander watch how a total series of careful mods that work n work very well together is able to outrun a mav all season long until I started seriously looking at the mav n modifying it.

#19 ·
Icky I beat all the 450 including mine ridden by my buddy except Ryan's super fast 450 yamaha. His quad pulled everyone including me by 6 lengths or more. All the others got beat. The other utvs got beat by all the quads. Riding with fast quad guys in the dunes is always a good glamis ride unless you crash...lol

#20 ·
Wait so no pics or video ?? Cmon man we live for racing vid's lol

#21 ·
Why would I post that ugly video...lol I'm sure sand shark will be posting it very soon. Ryan n him are bff's and he will be gloating over it for a few days..lol

#22 ·
well we want vid of the 450;s u beat not got beat by lol

#27 ·
Only Ryan's 450 all others lost. Ryan's car is special and even the 660 or 700 quads can't beat him. I told Tom he will be porting my heads on my Maverick and then I will see Ryan again.

#34 ·
Man I'm not concerned bout Ryan...as long as u never beat me on anything ..ur eco boost gay ass truck. .
Slow but ccomfortable Rhino...or that sorry quad I'm all good son...lol

#35 ·
Raced a 450 TRX in Ocotillo wells this turkey day and I could not get around him. Would get about 65-70 and could not safely pass. Kudos as that guy could ride.! Ground was hard pack wash called Tule Wash. I have max with one passenger. Sure was fun chasin him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.