Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Mine works fantastic. It probably took a Chinese craftsman about 11 seconds to build it. However, it works great and hasn't leaked from the pressure washer violating it.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
keep looking and find one that states it is using the CREE LEDs and not the Epistar. The CREE is significantly brighter........

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
ok thanks for the tip heavysledz !
you bet....but be careful as a lot of the eBay sellers will say it has CREE LED's but it may not. So look closely at their feedback rating and feedback from buyers......or spend a few extra $$ and buy one from a vendor on here and they will guarantee what you are getting.

Reactions: Max1000r

·
Premium Member
7,815 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
How are you guys mounting these light bars? Drilling into the cage?

·
Premium Member
7,815 Posts
It mounted directly to the triangle gussets in the corner of the cage. Pretty clean install actually. It even came with a harness, I upgraded the switch to one similar to the stock canned ham one though. Tim

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I have a 2013 so I don't have the gussets so I used 2 Tusk whip mounts and it turned out great. Very strong and sturdy.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Been looking on Amazon and some 40-42 cree LED bars are $107-$120. Most have a lot of good reviews but, every one has a few bad ones (condensation, LED's not working, etc). I can't justify the price of a fancy brand name light. Are these cheap ones what people are bying and having good luck? Any recommendations?

·
Premium Member
7,815 Posts
Been looking on Amazon and some 40-42 cree LED bars are $107-$120. Most have a lot of good reviews but, every one has a few bad ones (condensation, LED's not working, etc). I can't justify the price of a fancy brand name light. Are these cheap ones what people are bying and having good luck? Any recommendations?
Mine was 118.00 shipped and I'm happy so far. Tim

·
Registered
236 Posts
I would look into a Totron...seems like the best budget bar out there. Bought through a vendor with forum discount, should be able to get a 42" for around $250. Sure the Chinese knock offs are cheaper, but there's some peace of mind buying a branded bar through a vendor on this site. My .02

1 - 16 of 16 Posts