Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my light Friday with my tusk horizontal flag mounts. There seems to be no way to get light mount around roll bar because of Reinforcing gussets in corners of roll bar?
How is everybody mounting these lights Without cutting the gussets?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I think the lights you have were designed for the 2013 chassis which didn't have the gussets...

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UHHHOHHH! I think I can just use the supplied mounts and mount the lite under the roll bar. I will have to drill into corner gusset and use a large washer and Nylok nut.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Or don't use the factory mounts, you can weld some tabs onto the roll bar to mount the light anywhere you want.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Desertdog, i got light mounted as i stated up top I will take picks for all to see. Seems Rigid. I used some large head phillips head bolts for bolting the factory bracket to light. I think i will blue lock tite them. I bought a rhino parts led rocker switch. I have no clue how to wire this. Looks like I need to get some slide connectors that will attach to the back of the switch. How did you wire yours?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Riverbrat, Yup thats what I did. Plenty strong

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
So you guys mounted it below the crossbar. It does not block you vision?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope. I was worried it would, but it is fine. Im 6' and I can see fine and it is protected from the bar to boot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts