Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Has anyone found a light bar that utilizes the pre-drilled holes in the 2014 cage? Seems kinda weird to me that Can Am went through the trouble to make a mounting bracket with holes and no bolt on light.

·
Registered
15 Posts
JT from FAS recommended the flag mounts from Rocky Mountain ATV. They have a vertical and horizontal mount. Worked fine for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
68 Posts
These won't work with the 2014 Mav due to the new roll cage gusset mounts.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I'm working on a cross bar that will mount to the side gussets of the cage. It will put the light bar right above the lip on my UTV inc. roof. It will be a one piece bracket the can be installed and removed easily.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Technology Automotive exterior Electronic device Electronic instrument Metal
Here's how I did mine, also with a UTV Inc roof. Had to modify their brackets that bolt to the inside of the cage gusset. Extended them out and then slotted the roof for fitment. Power lead wasn't finished in this photo, but I passed it through the roof and then inside the cage tube.
I thought it came out nice....

Reactions: SoCalJeff

·
Registered
25 Posts
View attachment 8192
Here's how I did mine, also with a UTV Inc roof. Had to modify their brackets that bolt to the inside of the cage gusset. Extended them out and then slotted the roof for fitment. Power lead wasn't finished in this photo, but I passed it through the roof and then inside the cage tube.
I thought it came out nice....
Scott. Ho did u slot the roof. I have same setup waiting to go on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I traced it (with a sharpie) on the inside of the top to precisely fit the bracket where it would need to go through. Then carefully drilled 4 small holes inboard of each corner of that rectangle. Then used a Dremel tool with a thin cut-off disc to make the cuts. Finished by shaping and filing everything smooth, being careful not to damage the white powder coating.

I might add that it can be tricky to make sure everything lines up exactly before cutting....you really only have one shot at doing it right, so measure carefully!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I traced it (with a sharpie) on the inside of the top to precisely fit the bracket where it would need to go through. Then carefully drilled 4 small holes inboard of each corner of that rectangle. Then used a Dremel tool with a thin cut-off disc to make the cuts. Finished by shaping and filing everything smooth, being careful not to damage the white powder coating.

I might add that it can be tricky to make sure everything lines up exactly before cutting....you really only have one shot at doing it right, so measure carefully!
Sounds like a plan. Will post my results one day this week. Thanks Scott.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Glad I could help. Good luck, and post up some pics!

·
Registered
126 Posts
What size fuse are y'all using with your lights?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
30A fuse on my 40" bar.

Reactions: MudChick

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Ray looks as happy as a little kid on X-mas morning...lol

·
Registered
68 Posts
He was thrilled that Wicked Creations only took 3 hrs and $100 to fab the part. Got it done in time for our KOH trip!
P.S. Thanks Andy for wiring it up and installing the switch for us.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts