Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the factory brp roof and full windshield and need a little help on how to install it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
103 Posts
I was thinking about purchasing it but not sure how I will mount either. I have audioformz top with radio, then I have full windshield from EMP...but the windshield has about 3 inches from top of it to the audioformz top...not sure if that 3 inches will allow room for mounts and light.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I have a Totron 40, but only have a 1/2 windsheild, and a bimini roof. My light is mounted on the top front cross bar with the crappy mounts that came with the light. One of these days I'll get around to doing some weld on tabs and move the light down on the A pilars.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I mounted a 40" with half windshield and OEM roof. I used the Axia Alloy's Rigid tubing mounts and with a little rigging, the light tucked under the roof and I could still see out just fine.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I need to know this too. There is a big gap between the roof and the cage bar so a cage bar mount that is long enough to go through a hole in the roof to mount the light isn't possible. Has anyone tried mounting the 40" bar directly to the roof? I did that with my 12"er but it's pretty light. I'm not sure the plastic roof could properly support a 40. Putting the light below the cage isn't possible with a full windshield.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Jonyb do you have any pics of your setup?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Here's mine mounted on my emp top. Bought a couple of washers from Home Depot and it's good to go. It is super solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Subscribed

·
Registered
461 Posts
I need to know this too. There is a big gap between the roof and the cage bar so a cage bar mount that is long enough to go through a hole in the roof to mount the light isn't possible. Has anyone tried mounting the 40" bar directly to the roof? I did that with my 12"er but it's pretty light. I'm not sure the plastic roof could properly support a 40. Putting the light below the cage isn't possible with a full windshield.
Just saw that you said you have the plastic roof. I wouldn't recommend doing this on a plastic roof. With an aluminum top it is no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
394 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. Anybody want to trade a plastic roof for aluminum? lol

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I've seen this bump before.what's it mean?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
What your doing is bumping the post back to the top of the list.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Thats actually a good idea if you have the brp bimini roof with sun visor. The visor sits up above the top bar and i wanted to mount a 40 inch led bar but couldnt find a bracket to mount it especially since i have a full windshield. Im going to try this cause you wont even see the clamps.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Good idea. They look like 2" clamps with extra long threads on one side. I don't see anything like that listed as a hanger. Do you have a brand and part#? I think that will work for me!

·
Registered
90 Posts
These are simple muffler hangers, you can go to any auto parts store and ask for muffler hangers. I'm sorry I forgot what size they are. Buy a few different sizes and use the one that fits the best, and return the rest. . . .that's what I did. . . . but here is the trick. After you buy the muffler hangers, the U bolt that comes in the box is too short, you gotta go to Home Depot and get the same size U bolts from there, that are much longer. Then you can mount your light wherever works for you, Then take a sawzall with the nuts still on the U Bolts and cut the bolts down to size. Then take it apart, spray paint them, put it back together, and your done. . . .

·
Registered
394 Posts
These are simple muffler hangers, you can go to any auto parts store and ask for muffler hangers. I'm sorry I forgot what size they are. Buy a few different sizes and use the one that fits the best, and return the rest. . . .that's what I did. . . . but here is the trick. After you buy the muffler hangers, the U bolt that comes in the box is too short, you gotta go to Home Depot and get the same size U bolts from there, that are much longer. Then you can mount your light wherever works for you, Then take a sawzall with the nuts still on the U Bolts and cut the bolts down to size. Then take it apart, spray paint them, put it back together, and your done. . . .
Ok now it makes sense! Great idea and that will work in my situation too.
Thanks!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts