Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How have you all mounted your light bar up top? I see there is clamps by axia would those work with the 40inch with mounting to the bar going across up top?

I have seen utv incs 50" clamp but that is just to much and its out there to far!

thanks,
Dalton

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
there is 23 good threads covering this with tons of good idea's I would check them all out and get the best mount for u

I welded tabs
some use exhaust muffler clamps - lol
axia mounts
mounts that come with the bar
I think whip mounts will work to

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some exhaust clamps you say?! haha that would actually work pretty well but does it look tacky?

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Some exhaust clamps you say?! haha that would actually work pretty well but does it look tacky?
For a budget mod the muffler hangers didn't look too bad, but not my 1st choice on how to do it. I drilled and taped the top cross bar, and used the mounts that came with the light. That works fine with the bimini top I have now, but I have an aluminum roof coming any day now, so I'm going to do some weld on tabs.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I used Tusk whip mounts with my 40" light bar. Just had to drill new holes to line up with the light bar brackets.

Like Benzo said, there's tons of info already here on the forum....

light 2.JPG

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
I used Tusk whip mounts with my 40" light bar. Just had to drill new holes to line up with the light bar brackets.

Like Benzo said, there's tons of info already here on the forum....

View attachment 8630
Just what I was looking for. Thanks for the pic

·
Registered
103 Posts
I mounted my Rigid 40" (SR-40) using UTVinc's 40" light mount. I had to make some modifications to the UTVinc roof (cut 4" of the roof off) to make it all work.
IMG_3279.jpg
IMG_3330.jpg
IMG_3282.jpg

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for the input! So far im thinking either welding on some tabs, or doing the tusk whip mounts that honestly doesnt look all to bad!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I used muffler hangers to mount my light bar, i dont think it looks to tacky, as a matter of fact, i was thinking of attaching side view mirrors to the outter part of the u bolt, take a look

1 - 11 of 11 Posts