Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I pulled the trigger and purchased a brand new 40inch totron from Dunertunes. I also purchased the Axia(rigid) mounts but I ran into a problem. The 2014s have a triangular piece of flat steel that ties the tubular pieces of the cage together. This prevents me from using the axia mounts. My questions is does anyone have a good idea how to mount the 40 inch light bar to the front of the cage? Please supply pictures as well.

I also wanted to says props to Dunertunes for honoring the forum discount. Its cool to have a canam community vendor with all the Polaris stuff out there.

Thanks all

2014 Canam Max xrs (red and white)

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
welt tabs were u need them or cut remove some of the support things they added - there not there on the 13's

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Pretty easy to weld some tabs onto the top crossbar.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I bought a 42 inch light bar from ebay for $250 free shipping. . . it fits between the frame perfectly. Now, your all gonna laugh, but I used muffler hangers to mount my light bar to each bar. You simply fit the U shape bolt in from behind the bar, then put the cross bar through the U bolt in front, after you do that, the two studs from the U bolt are sticking up, Then you put the light mounting bracket through the U bolt stud that is sticking out, put the nuts on each side, and your done. . . .I'll post some pics, but it looks good, works great, AND IT WAS CHEAP !!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all. I think I have some good ideas from you all.
I would like to see the muffler hangers though!

·
Registered
90 Posts
OK, here are some pics. . . .what you really have to do is buy the muffler hangers (just a couple bucks each) so you have the little cross bar that's flat on one side, and round on the other so it can grip the bar. . . .then go to Home Depot and get the appropriate size U bolt. The U bolt that comes with the muffler hanger is too short, That's why you need the one from Home Depot. Once you have the U bolts up and fitted, you can use a sawzall and cut them down to size right on the bars. Take it apart, paint them, put it back together, and your done !!!!! My light bar is a 42 inch and it fit perfect from bar to bar and perfect fit where the U bolt sticks up on each side. You said you bought a 40 inch light bar, not sure if that inch on each side will affect the fit. Maybe you can swivel the angle of the U bolt to make it work. Something to think about if you decide to try this. GEDC0222.jpg GEDC0224.jpg GEDC0225.jpg GEDC0226.jpg

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
pretty ingenious.....

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yeah ,pretty good idea and simple

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Thank You. . . .Thank You very much. . . .I made a 6-pack rack that mounts to the harness bar the same way with muffler hangers. . .I'm going to do a thread and post some pics. . . .
yea, I saw that.....you like to use the exhaust hangers don't you :crazy:

·
Registered
90 Posts
yea, I saw that.....you like to use the exhaust hangers don't you :crazy:
Well Hell Yeah !!!! When those thieving bastards want $40-$50 for the billet aluminum brackets, and you have to buy two of them, thats an extra hundred bucks !!!! I paid $5 for two muffler hangers. Thats just like comparing a rigid to a totron light bar !!!!! LOL !!!!!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Well Hell Yeah !!!! When those thieving bastards want $40-$50 for the billet aluminum brackets, and you have to buy two of them, thats an extra hundred bucks !!!! I paid $5 for two muffler hangers. Thats just like comparing a rigid to a totron light bar !!!!! LOL !!!!!
you got a valid point there!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts