Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I pulled the trigger and purchased a brand new 40inch totron from Dunertunes. I also purchased the Axia(rigid) mounts but I ran into a problem. The 2014s have a triangular piece of flat steel that ties the tubular pieces of the cage together. This prevents me from using the axia mounts. My questions is does anyone have a good idea how to mount the 40 inch light bar to the front of the cage? Please supply pictures as well.

I also wanted to says props to Dunertunes for honoring the forum discount. Its cool to have a canam community vendor with all the Polaris stuff out there.

Thanks all

2014 Canam Max xrs (red and white)

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
welt tabs were u need them or cut remove some of the support things they added - there not there on the 13's

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Pretty easy to weld some tabs onto the top crossbar.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I bought a 42 inch light bar from ebay for $250 free shipping. . . it fits between the frame perfectly. Now, your all gonna laugh, but I used muffler hangers to mount my light bar to each bar. You simply fit the U shape bolt in from behind the bar, then put the cross bar through the U bolt in front, after you do that, the two studs from the U bolt are sticking up, Then you put the light mounting bracket through the U bolt stud that is sticking out, put the nuts on each side, and your done. . . .I'll post some pics, but it looks good, works great, AND IT WAS CHEAP !!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all. I think I have some good ideas from you all.
I would like to see the muffler hangers though!

·
Registered
90 Posts
OK, here are some pics. . . .what you really have to do is buy the muffler hangers (just a couple bucks each) so you have the little cross bar that's flat on one side, and round on the other so it can grip the bar. . . .then go to Home Depot and get the appropriate size U bolt. The U bolt that comes with the muffler hanger is too short, That's why you need the one from Home Depot. Once you have the U bolts up and fitted, you can use a sawzall and cut them down to size right on the bars. Take it apart, paint them, put it back together, and your done !!!!! My light bar is a 42 inch and it fit perfect from bar to bar and perfect fit where the U bolt sticks up on each side. You said you bought a 40 inch light bar, not sure if that inch on each side will affect the fit. Maybe you can swivel the angle of the U bolt to make it work. Something to think about if you decide to try this. Vehicle Yellow Automotive design Windshield Hood Yellow Vehicle Metal Yellow Vehicle Automotive exterior Auto part Car

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
pretty ingenious.....

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yeah ,pretty good idea and simple

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Thank You. . . .Thank You very much. . . .I made a 6-pack rack that mounts to the harness bar the same way with muffler hangers. . .I'm going to do a thread and post some pics. . . .
yea, I saw that.....you like to use the exhaust hangers don't you :crazy:

·
Registered
90 Posts
yea, I saw that.....you like to use the exhaust hangers don't you :crazy:
Well Hell Yeah !!!! When those thieving bastards want $40-$50 for the billet aluminum brackets, and you have to buy two of them, thats an extra hundred bucks !!!! I paid $5 for two muffler hangers. Thats just like comparing a rigid to a totron light bar !!!!! LOL !!!!!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Well Hell Yeah !!!! When those thieving bastards want $40-$50 for the billet aluminum brackets, and you have to buy two of them, thats an extra hundred bucks !!!! I paid $5 for two muffler hangers. Thats just like comparing a rigid to a totron light bar !!!!! LOL !!!!!
you got a valid point there!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts