Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 Sport XRC. Growels when I put it in 4 WD. Not loud, maybe just gear noise, but definately louder. Thoughts?

·
Registered
40 Posts
2019 Sport XRC. Growels when I put it in 4 WD. Not loud, maybe just gear noise, but definately louder. Thoughts?
I'm trying to find the technical note again, I'm sure I seen it a few months ago regarding the Maverick 2019 sport/trail but I believe it was the same issue the X3s had in 2016-17 when they first came out. The steady bearing needs a hole drilled and a set screw put in to retain the bearing. I have a same noise and bought a new steady bearing and holder from superatv just haven't had the chance to put it in yet. ( Ignore that little Norwigen flag , im from Canada working in mexico on a Norweigen vessel.)

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
Doesn’t the front drive shaft turn even in 2wd? So the carrier bearing would have to impact on this noise. The set screw was for a noise know as rocks in a can. Not a growl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
Doesn’t the front drive shaft turn even in 2wd? So the carrier bearing would have to impact on this noise. The set screw was for a noise know as rocks in a can. Not a growl. Check the oil in the diff. I’ve never had any brand sxs that didn’t growl from time to time when I’m 4wd. Some did it way more than others .

·
Registered
40 Posts
It all depends on how much the carrier bearing was moving , Under no load the noise was not noticable on most units we serviced. But under 4x it was noticable from growling to rocks in a can.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Checked the dif fluid and topped it off. I only notice it when I first engage 4 wheel drive. I might just be more gears and cogs and belts and tires and chains and what ever else might be there now having power applied to them. After about 2 seconds you don't notice it. I don't think it goes away, just becomes back ground noise. Never rocks in a can.

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
It all depends on how much the carrier bearing was moving , Under no load the noise was not noticable on most units we serviced. But under 4x it was noticable from growling to rocks in a can.
You will have more noise and vibration with a fixed bearing or pillow bearing. The rubber around oem carrier bearing is there for a reason. If you were to balance and phase the driveshaft you would notice a substantial reduction in noise and vibration.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts