Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and didn't find anything on this. If I'm in park and click the switch from two wheel drive to four wheel mode the display does not change anymore. It only shows all four solid tires??? Am I missing something simple?
I turned the car off and restarted it (and it almost didn't turn over, another issue) to see if it would clear the display, and no luck. I only have 30 miles on it also.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Did you drive it after flipping the switch? Sometimes takes a few feet to actually make the switch

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
I did a search and didn't find anything on this. If I'm in park and click the switch from two wheel drive to four wheel mode the display does not change anymore. It only shows all four solid tires??? Am I missing something simple?
I turned the car off and restarted it (and it almost didn't turn over, another issue) to see if it would clear the display, and no luck. I only have 30 miles on it also.

The slow start on the turbos is normal they mostly all do it...the 4X4 light never happened to me so can't help there but does it actually stay in 4X4?..or just the light stays

on but you're in 2 wheel drive?.

·
Premium Member
1,455 Posts
When it goes in 4wd it slides a sleeve over a shaft to engage the front driveshaft. The indicator light is turned on from the actuator. The chances of the two splined pieces being aligned sitting still is slim to none. This is why it takes a while to engage and disengage. If your are pretty shure it's broken jack up the front or rear and roll the wheels slowly that are in the air, with the switch in 4wd and it running just not in gear ( it may not have to be running but these ECU's are smart and won't let certain things operate) make sure the drive shaft for the end is rotating. It should engage or you should hear the actuator trying. The actuator is on the passenger side about 6 to 8" to the rear of the oil dip stick.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When it goes in 4wd it slides a sleeve over a shaft to engage the front driveshaft. The indicator light is turned on from the actuator. The chances of the two splined pieces being aligned sitting still is slim to none. This is why it takes a while to engage and disengage. If your are pretty shure it's broken jack up the front or rear and roll the wheels slowly that are in the air, with the switch in 4wd and it running just not in gear ( it may not have to be running but these ECU's are smart and won't let certain things operate) make sure the drive shaft for the end is rotating. It should engage or you should hear the actuator trying. The actuator is on the passenger side about 6 to 8" to the rear of the oil dip stick.

Thanks I'm going to check this out.

·
Registered
349 Posts
What did the dealer say it was
dude youre asking for a reply on a post made 5 yrs ago :)……...if youre having the same problem you Need to clean your VSS

1 - 12 of 12 Posts