Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
10,593 Posts
Polaris better release it soon or everyone that wants 4 seats will have bought the Maverick Max or Wildcat4 X. It will be hard for people that bought either to dump it to have the luxury of paying a shit load more for the XP1000 4. MSRP will be at least $23,999.

It looks sweet and should bend the rear shocks quicker than the 2 seater. LOL!

Reactions: Benzo

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
you don't see as many popo as you use to, sure its still a lot, but far fewer than use to be and will continue to lose out to canam and even up. just look at this forum, I have seen 20-30 posts in the last 3 months of former popo owners, never seen that before mav come out. they are no longer going to sit at the top alone... canam will go all out balls to the way, in your face, full force as we move into the future, something popo don't really have down well, as they have never had to worry like this before. BRP only goes one way when they get into something.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Po had a few years of being the ONLY sport SxS, so yeah, theres more of them out there than anything else. They still make a good product,(ducking the tomatoes being thrown at me now) but there are a few more options with Artic Cat, and Can Am in the race now. No longer do you need to take a utility SxS and build it to be a sport SxS. They are doing it for us. You can say whatever about any of the manufacturers, but the bottom line is the more choices that are available the better it is for us, the end user. Every year (if not sooner) we are going to see more inovations, hp, and hopefully quality of this new breed of machines.

I remember when the Wild Cat came out, and everyone was making excuses for it's short comings saying Artic Cat had to do this or that, the way they did because to do other wise would price them right out of the market. BS. They did thing the way they did because they thought (wrong) it was the way to do it. There is a rather large migration of weekend warriors that are moving up to SxS's from quads and dirt bikes, or down sizing from expensive, high maintenance sand and dirt cars. The market is growning. A great example is the annual SSSS. It used to be a sand car show for the most part. Now it is damn near a total SxS event. As long as the market continues to grow, the manufacturers will continue to give us more options, and charge us what ever we are willing to pay.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
A good friend of mine just got the MAX and he has owned every two seat Polaris 8oo to 900 and the XP900 4 seater and used to race the sxs a few years back in full custom builds and we took out the MAX to a local spot that's off limits and whooped and wash outs galore and beat the Piss out of it and his word were "I will never buy another Polaris again" to beat the fit and finish and the Performance they would have to step up huge for me to consider it and if they just Add 2 more seats and stretch the XP1000 its not even close.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Last week I was told Polaris has decided to move up the release date of the 4 seater since CAN AM is selling the snot out of the Max and Polaris is worried about losing sales . Once a guy spends $23500 + accessories on a new Can AM Max he will not be selling it for a long time since most are financed , even if the Polaris was to surprise us with something super spectacular and try to get them back as customers it wont happen. People are Learning fast that the Can AM is a Bad Boy Ride.

Reactions: bulldogs101

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
agree, the max is hard to find still, sure some on here will say this or that dealer has one, and they very well may. the post is that I know they are selling fast, I know a small dealer near me has sold 9 of them in 2 months, and this dealer use to sell 9 a year of all canam products, now he sold 9 max alone, not counting commander or atv or mav 2 seater.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
agree, the max is hard to find still, sure some on here will say this or that dealer has one, and they very well may. the post is that I know they are selling fast, I know a small dealer near me has sold 9 of them in 2 months, and this dealer use to sell 9 a year of all canam products, now he sold 9 max alone, not counting commander or atv or mav 2 seater.
Can AM has sold a ton of them and Polaris is worried about it for sure , so they have moved the Unveiling of there XP1000 4 seater up to Halloween . Im tellin ya that the Max will out perform that Polaris 4 seater hands down. The Max is a way nicer Quality build than the Polaris.

Reactions: bulldogs101

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Will Polaris still have that stupid grab bar behind the front seats for those in the back to grab on to? It's just prehistoric; it takes up space and looks outdated.
I figured they would put steering wheels like they have in those little plastic battery operated cars so the kids in the back could pretend they are driving :smile:

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I figured they would put steering wheels like they have in those little plastic battery operated cars so the kids in the back could pretend they are driving :smile:
Now that is down right mean spirited!! :shocked: but funny as hell! :haha:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
agree, plus 5 grand more, for less, and cheap shooty interior, why would you pass the max up for that crap, if one plays the best bang for the buck and most nicest, comfy, form fit and finish you end at max all day long. there canam has popo beat a hundred fold

21 - 34 of 34 Posts