Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a set of Pro-Armor harnesses and a harness bar. I've removed the OEM seatbelts and buckles.

Where are you guys mounting the lower belts to? Do they mount to the same holes down below the seat where the OEM belt and buckle were?

·
Premium Member
8,284 Posts
I picked up a set of Pro-Armor harnesses and a harness bar. I've removed the OEM seatbelts and buckles.

Where are you guys mounting the lower belts to? Do they mount to the same holes down below the seat where the OEM belt and buckle were?
yup, then add a 5th point so the lap belts do not ride up to your nips.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
There are a couple threads showing where it mounts. Search Glamisfan or desertdog threads, both show one option for mounting.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Where do you buy the strap for the 5th mount. I guess I should have been more clear on that one.

·
Registered
354 Posts
It's just another strap and buckle. I haven't hooked mine up yet but haven't noticed the lap belt riding up if it does i'll try bunjie cord it to somewhere under the seat.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Where do you buy the strap for the 5th mount. I guess I should have been more clear on that one.
Order up the Crow anti sub belts. You can find them on ebay, and just about any racing supply house will carry them. Most offroad shops as well. I got mine from Crow direct. Crow Enterprizes Home

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Ok cool thanks

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
eh, your nubbin will love the gentle touch of a seatbelt while riding. Just dont buckle up at full mast because you just might hurt yourself.
:thumbsup:

There are a couple threads showing where it mounts. Search Glamisfan or desertdog threads, both show one option for mounting.
I'll look for those. Thanks...

Got the harnesses bolted in today in the stock mounts. Hardest part was finding the nut that I dropped from the drivers side inner belt... Can Am sure doesn't make things easy to work on.

·
Registered
175 Posts
The 4 point harness bolts up to the same location as the stock belts, I had to trim some of the plastic as the sharp edge was rubbing on the new belt.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
here is where I attached mine....

IMG_0413.jpg IMG_0414.jpg IMG_0416.jpg IMG_0417.jpg

1 - 20 of 21 Posts