Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,631 Posts
Nice !!! Good thing you caught that loose radius rod bolt when you did.

Enjoy that adventure, looking forward to "following you" via YouTube buddy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
I like how your dogs telling you to quite screwing around and lets go
another great adventure in the making. Enjoy and keep it safe

·
Registered
138 Posts
very nice!!! i can only dream of a trip like that. keep going for those of us that can't and help us live vicariously through you!! :big smile: btw, what software are you using to put your vids together and post them? especially while on the trail?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
4,000 Mile Pilgrimage to CT RaceWorx: Day One

very nice!!! i can only dream of a trip like that. keep going for those of us that can't and help us live vicariously through you!! :big smile: btw, what software are you using to put your vids together and post them? especially while on the trail?
THANKS! Will do! I’m filming with my iPhone and editing them when and where I can with the Adobe Clip app on my iPhone. Any titles or text I want to put in is added to individual clips in iMovie, then saved to my camera roll and spliced into the rest of the footage with Adobe Clip.

It’s the best I can do on the fly with just my iPhone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
4,000 Mile Pilgrimage to CT RaceWorx: Day One

Where did you stop? Did you go to a dealer? What sort of electrical problems did you have?
We went into limp mode here:

37°49'18.7"N 108°09'07.1"W
https://goo.gl/maps/DEPUFR1PJLd1T8i8A

It’s a few miles west of Groundhog Reservoir; Jeremiah pulled me east to 145 at Cayton Campground where an ABSOLUTE SAINT met us with his truck and trailer.

We loaded up my X3 and trailered it to his AWESOME cabin above Durango:

Jeremiah followed us, driving his X3 on the highways for a couple hours - passed several state troopers and county deputies with no issues, so that was a HUGE plus.

We spent the following day butchering up my car trying to isolate the problem by swapping parts from machine to machine - NO LUCK at all there. Had a mobile mechanic too, but all he could figure was it was a bad wire somewhere.

That was Sunday and the local Can Am dealer in Durango wouldn’t be open until Tuesday; and our new friend and rescuer says that dealer kind of sucks anyway.

SO, I called Nick Bruce at Adrenaline Motorsports in Casa Grande, AZ - he said he’d have his guys do whatever we needed IMMEDIATELY if we were there when they opened first thing In the morning.

We loaded up and drove ALL NIGHT LONG to Adrenaline - they jumped on it and said they had it figured out by 10 am Monday morning. They said it needed a new rear wiring harness - showed me a wire over the valve cover that had rubbed raw.

It got ordered along with, at my request, new injectors and sensors, JUST in case. Parts are supposed to be coming from Vegas today by noon, so if all goes well, we MAY be on the trailer back to Durango, Colorado tonight or in the morning where my riding partner is patiently waiting.

I’m HOPING to be riding again sometime tomorrow, but a LOT of things have to go right for that to happen.

There’s DEFINITELY some GREAT people getting themselves SELFLESSLY involved in our fun and it IS appreciated!

·
Registered
289 Posts
awesome, glad you got the machine fixed and hopefully will be on the trails again soon. keep us up to date!

steve

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Jeremiah pulled me east to 145 at Cayton Campground
Weird. A couple of years ago we were on a camping vacation in that same neck of the woods with our new truck.
We blew out an OEM tire on the trail and I plugged it and limped it into that same Cayton Campground.
We had to wait for the Discount Tire to open in Durango so we could buy a new set of BFG A/T.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Good to know you have another car along for the trip just incase something like this happens and also nice to have some company on a trip always more fun with friends

·
Registered
138 Posts
We went into limp mode here:

..........................There’s DEFINITELY some GREAT people getting themselves SELFLESSLY involved in our fun and it IS appreciated!

This is the one thing I LOVE about this sport, for the most part, people in the off road community will try their best to help out a fellow rider in need. pay it forward!!

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Crazy this guy is making tracks they are almost thru arkansas will be crossing in to Mississippi tomorrow , no grass growing under their cars

1 - 20 of 39 Posts