Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Rim Orange Fender Automotive tire Tread

KWI x250 kit. I did the clutch kit because I run aftermarket assassins level 5 tune. This set up weighs 17lbs more per wheel. If you can get a wheel and tire combo close to stock then not need to clutch IMO. If you start adding power then clutching will be necessary. With 35s you will probably want to add some power. Time get the wallet out LOL.

·
Registered
2021 RR MAX w/ shox
167 Posts
lancegroen23 What tires and rims are you running? I just bought a stock 2021 X3 Max MR RR the only thing I have done so far is a flat roof. But I want to put 35s on it. The dealer is flashing it to 215HP.
Any info on this flash? I was under the impression there aren’t any 2021 flashes as nobody has cracked the ECU yet. What dealer/location are you using??

·
Registered
380 Posts
I'm running 35-inch K-9 SuperGrips on a 6 + 1 offset STI HD9 Bead lock wheel, ( to maintain factory width (or very close too) , for my rock tires im running 35 inch Roxxzillas on a MSA M21 LOK wheels with a 4+3 offset just because I had the wheels on hand and that's puts me at about 77 inches wide depending on how the shocks are set up.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm running 35-inch K-9 SuperGrips on a 6 + 1 offset STI HD9 Bead lock wheel, ( to maintain factory width (or very close too) , for my rock tires im running 35 inch Roxxzillas on a MSA M21 LOK wheels with a 4+3 offset just because I had the wheels on hand and that's puts me at about 77 inches wide depending on how the shocks are set up.

They both look Awesome! If you had to choose one set up which one would you choose? Is there anything I should be thinking of doing also? Sorry for all the questions I'm new to the UTVs :)

·
Registered
380 Posts
They both look Awesome! If you had to choose one set up which one would you choose? Is there anything I should be thinking of doing also? Sorry for all the questions I'm new to the UTVs :)
Oh boy you could get 500 different answers on here on what you could/should do to it... Especially with 35s.... At the end of the day it all depends on how you dive it and what you expect from it. After you get the 35s on be careful with stock lower control arms, tie rods, steering rack, that's a big tire and your adding allot of stress on steering/ suspension components. As far as clutching goes, I needed it, you may not, depends on your expectations of the car. I recommend Adam with Airdam Clutching.

Tires... A K-9 and a Roxxzilla are 2 completely different animals, I strictly only use the rockzilla's when we're going rock bouncin or riding slick rock.... ( Moab/Sand Hollow ). They are a very soft compound so they will wear faster.
The K-9s are a great general purpose tire for me, trail riding, woods riding, daily use tire, I like the traction however I'm not a mud guy so I can't say how they do in deeper mud.
Just enjoy the car and change the stuff you see fit otherwise if you want to be proactive and eliminate weak points take out your checkbook lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Oh boy you could get 500 different answers on here on what you could/should do to it... Especially with 35s.... At the end of the day it all depends on how you dive it and what you expect from it. After you get the 35s on be careful with stock lower control arms, tie rods, steering rack, that's a big tire and your adding allot of stress on steering/ suspension components. As far as clutching goes, I needed it, you may not, depends on your expectations of the car. I recommend Adam with Airdam Clutching.

Tires... A K-9 and a Roxxzilla are 2 completely different animals, I strictly only use the rockzilla's when we're going rock bouncin or riding slick rock.... ( Moab/Sand Hollow ). They are a very soft compound so they will wear faster.
The K-9s are a great general purpose tire for me, trail riding, woods riding, daily use tire, I like the traction however I'm not a mud guy so I can't say how they do in deeper mud.
Just enjoy the car and change the stuff you see fit otherwise if you want to be proactive and eliminate weak points take out your checkbook lol

I went with 37x10.5x18 XMRs and I’m loving them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
How's the power steering in low slow rocks?

On Saturday I went up some good size rocks and had no problem with steering. my belt did slip a little. I was with a group of 8 other side by sides and most of them were giving my crap about my tires until I was going up the hardest parts of the trail and they were going around. One part of the trail there was a real steep sand hill with 3 paths I was the only one that made it up the hardest path.

·
Registered
380 Posts
On Saturday I went up some good size rocks and had no problem with steering. my belt did slip a little. I was with a group of 8 other side by sides and most of them were giving my crap about my tires until I was going up the hardest parts of the trail and they were going around. One part of the trail there was a real steep sand hill with 3 paths I was the only one that made it up the hardest path.
What do you run for clutching and tuning?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Right now all stock.

In the next week I'm going to be doing the clutch and the dealer I bought it from is going to flash it to 215hp when its available.
I know this is over a year old, HOWEVER. Lol I am working with the same situation. Bumped up to 35s for clearance Im a max with a bench seat in the back so 5 total. Loved that aspect, mixed with roxzillas and this thing is tough. I do miss being able to sling it around when I wanted and how. So i'm pulling the system 3 with roxzillas for trails only. Just ordered a set of kmc gernade with sedona trail saws in 35s which will be about 9 pds lighter per tire than my current set up. I did a generic super atv clutch kit for trail riding and 35s made night and day difference on bottom end. Looking at doing the stock tune with evo and am wondering/concerned about that clutching, with the tune, with the 35s. Probably over concerned but what were your thoughts after the tune? Was your clutching setup custom or something after market? Would like to hear your thoughts on this set up since your close to what i'm running. We are east coast riding so no need for huge top end, I lost some with the clutch kit but no more jerky starts and smelling belts.
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Car

1 - 17 of 17 Posts