Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I would say yes with stock clutching. I run 30's and have the dalton kit it helped alot

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
With 34's i would run a clutch kit. The kit im using keeps the rpm's at 7950 with no drop like on the stock set up. Also i used the optional black and violet spring in secondary for larger tires. I have no negative affects still does 70+ mph. Also it brings the power back to stock, cause with larger tires you are going to lose on the low end like at take off. I takes more power to get moving. With the dalton kit its like i have stick tires on it. If that makes sense. Its all around a good investment if running big tires.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Your running 70+ with 34's and a Dalton clutch kit? If so I know what I'm buying then

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
No i never said im running 34's reread thru the posts. Im running 30's with a dalton clutch kit.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Im on 32 terms with stock clutch, and I can still do 70 plus, 34's I would probably run something clutchwise, your pushing the issue a lil too much!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had 29.5 terms on my RZR S and it killed the top end. But then again 53 hp vs 101 is a big difference.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
668 Posts
I will find out as the 34s should be delivered today or tomorrow. By the way im coming off 31 wide outlaws.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Beat on her pretty good the other day in some thick stuff and really wasn't an issue. But...... That being said I dont go out in peanut butter mud stop then try to turn the tires. When I hit that chit I hit it. Thinking bout the new qsc gen 2 but not sure yet.

Reactions: SuperATV

·
Registered
668 Posts
Ride is legit, beer doesn't even go flat. They pull well, but I would not say as good laws but the trade off is well worth it. Time will tell but so far so good I really like them and everyone knows gc is king.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Honestly I try not to use it a lot , broke one diff already and rear axles are clicking. Damn big tires lol.

but to answer yes it pulls them good . That in mind don't run out in thick ass mud and just stop. 34 is a big tire to get turning again in gumbo and that's where a new clutch will shine.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I am on 30" silverbacks and if I run in high it will slip some in the mud. everytime im in the mud I have it in low and it did fine with the epi clutch kit. im about to move to 32" rocktane tires next week. epi clutch kit is like 320

·
Registered
103 Posts
I run 32" tires with somewhat stock clutching. I got the turbo secondary and a silver ( if I remember right)epi primary spring. Never chirp or smoke a belt. And can light all 4 tires up aslong as its not thick clay. Tops out at 67 mph and holds 7850 rpm. And the last time I had my belt cover off the belt is topping and bottoming out how it should.
But everyone has there own preference

1 - 20 of 22 Posts