Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Hey guys just looking at buying a new set of tires for the 2020 Can Am Maverick 3 Rs turbo RR 4seatet. I've been going back-and-forth between 33 and 35. Any advice on the tire size? Is there a make and model that works best for most terrains and will get me around in the sand. I live in Nevada so it's hard packed but I do like to go to Armagosa sand dunes once a year.

·
Premium Member
2020 X3 X RS RR
1,083 Posts
So Hey guys just looking at buying a new set of tires for the 2020 Can Am Maverick 3 Rs turbo RR 4seatet. I've been going back-and-forth between 33 and 35. Any advice on the tire size? Is there a make and model that works best for most terrains and will get me around in the sand. I live in Nevada so it's hard packed but I do like to go to Armagosa sand dunes once a year.
I love my Tensor 33" DSR tires. Amazing in the desert and aired down I hear they are OK in the sand. 35" will be fine also. The DSR is a soft, sticky compound so they chirp like hell on concrete or asphalt while turning. I have 1200 miles on mine and can get maybe 400 more on them.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love my Tensor 33" DSR tires. Amazing in the desert and aired down I hear they are OK in the sand. 35" will be fine also. The DSR is a soft, sticky compound so they chirp like hell on concrete or asphalt while turning. I have 1200 miles on mine and can get maybe 400 more on them.
Hey thank you so much for the reply. That's exactly what I'm looking for as real world Is advice.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm running System 3 RT320 in a 33x9.5x15, really like them and they work in all types of terrain. I'm on the east coast so I ride in it all, from sand in NJ to rock/mud in PA and hardpack down south. They are pretty light for a 33(39.8) with a hard sidewall. Same tire in a 35x9.5 is 43lbs, which is pretty light as well.
Can't go wrong with the Tensor's, they are expensive but you get what you pay for. I had the DS32's for a season.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm running System 3 RT320 in a 33x9.5x15, really like them and they work in all types of terrain. I'm on the east coast so I ride in it all, from sand in NJ to rock/mud in PA and hardpack down south. They are pretty light for a 33(39.8) with a hard sidewall. Same tire in a 35x9.5 is 43lbs, which is pretty light as well.
Can't go wrong with the Tensor's, they are expensive but you get what you pay for. I had the DS32's for a season.
I'm so glad you posted that about the system3 being lightweight. I was on a website to buy tires and they had the wrong weight for the RT320s. System 3 web site show it under 45lb for the 35". That weighs less than the Tensor tires!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Ordered some 32x10x15 from Utv source and four days go by and then they email me saying those tires are no longer available. Looked at their website and then they took them off. Tick me off. I’m done ordering parts from them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts