Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am selling my 32” Sandcraft 10 paddle tires. Paddles are in good shapes. One tire has a patch, but both tires hold air.

Asking $650 or obo.

You can send me a DM or text/call me at 818-389-5813

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,637 Posts
He's going to more paddles...

Reactions: sand shark

·
Registered
10,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
10,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How much power you making?
Still the stock 195hp tune. I do plan on getting a tune when Whalen figures out the 2021 models or if EVO finds a way besides mailing in the ECU.

·
Premium Member
14,637 Posts
Still the stock 195hp tune. I do plan on getting a tune when Whalen figures out the 2021 models or if EVO finds a way besides mailing in the ECU.
There's a EVO satellite shop in Phoenix.

·
Registered
21 X3 XRC
224 Posts
Whalen sped does tunes on the later 21s as well but same thing. Have to send in the ecu. Whalen speeds is cheaper then evo also

·
Premium Member
2020 X3 X RS RR
795 Posts
Whalen sped does tunes on the later 21s as well but same thing. Have to send in the ecu. Whalen speeds is cheaper then evo also
Going forward, NO tuner is going to tune without a chip swap. 2048 bit encryption has killed all tuning on every ECU with it. Hell new cars with OTA Over The Air updates will overwrite your new tune if it were on the original chip set.

·
Registered
10,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mind telling me if you felt any differences or have any Likes/Dislikes? Still Skats?
10 paddles where spinning more than I liked with my new X3. 12 paddle Sandcraft (skats) hook up better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
962 Posts
10 paddles where spinning more than I liked with my new X3. 12 paddle Sandcraft (skats) hook up better.
I have 10 paddle Skate,,, but they are the only paddles I've ever had on my X3. Not sure what/if I'm missing out on vs. something with a few more paddles. Would you say there was a substantial difference in performance?

I've been toying with the idea of going with a comp cut rear/front set up to get some more handling out of the car. The front tends to push a bit with the Skats on the front,,, less when in 4x4,,, but still pushes more than I think it could. I just love how much the Skats float. So many of the other types of paddles I see on other cars seem to dig much more than float?? 🤷‍♂️

·
Premium Member
14,637 Posts
I have 10 paddle Skate,,, but they are the only paddles I've ever had on my X3. Not sure what/if I'm missing out on vs. something with a few more paddles. Would you say there was a substantial difference in performance?

I've been toying with the idea of going with a comp cut rear/front set up to get some more handling out of the car. The front tends to push a bit with the Skats on the front,,, less when in 4x4,,, but still pushes more than I think it could. I just love how much the Skats float. So many of the other types of paddles I see on other cars seem to dig much more than float?? 🤷‍♂️
Hate jumping in, but yeah it will be a big difference. 10 paddles worked with the earlier X3s, now IMO either 12 straight blade, or 14 staggered blades.

·
Registered
10,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

It really depends on what you want and the dune area you frequent. For example something that works well in Glamis may not be the ideal set up for the Oregon dunes. 10 paddles work perfectly fine, but once you get up there in hp they will spin more. With a 12 paddle you get less spin. Also there are different paddle options through skat. I like the Extreme paddle which is does not cover then entire width of the paddle. Some like the talon as it spreads across the tire more for more traction. Then you get into the taller paddles.

I was fortunate enough to have friends that made the switch from10 paddle to 12 paddle and go their feedback. Mind you they are running X3s with big turbos and E85 tunes. My once friend ran 10 paddles on his big turbo E85 X3 Max a loved them. He never switched.

Now to anyone looking for some 10 paddles give me a call as they are ready to leave my garage and get on your ride for Christmas. LOL!

·
Registered
10,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Going forward, NO tuner is going to tune without a chip swap. 2048 bit encryption has killed all tuning on every ECU with it. Hell new cars with OTA Over The Air updates will overwrite your new tune if it were on the original chip set.
I hope that is not the case. I really like the ability on my old car to switch tunes with the use of the Dynojet.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Thanks for the feedback Sand/Hollywood,,,, I'm running 32", 10-paddle Extremes @ 195HP, and only run in Glamis. I'll have to keep my eye on the groups I go with too see if anyone has a setup similar to what I'm interested in and see if they'll swap test with me. :unsure:

Didn't mean to hijack your FS thread,,,, at least I bumped it a few times I guess. :whistle:

·
Registered
10,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the feedback Sand/Hollywood,,,, I'm running 32", 10-paddle Extremes @ 195HP, and only run in Glamis. I'll have to keep my eye on the groups I go with too see if anyone has a setup similar to what I'm interested in and see if they'll swap test with me. :unsure:

Didn't mean to hijack your FS thread,,,, at least I bumped it a few times I guess. :whistle:
No worries. The tires will sell at some point.

·
Premium Member
2020 X3 X RS RR
795 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts