Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so getting a little frustrated with BRP! cant seem to get much for support belts are not covered under warranty. put temp probe in CVT exhaust and at 60 mph its getting up to 203 degrees F in about 3 minutes of riding. any suggestions. gonna remove snorkels and see if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
so getting a little frustrated with BRP! cant seem to get much for support belts are not covered under warranty. put temp probe in CVT exhaust and at 60 mph its getting up to 203 degrees F in about 3 minutes of riding. any suggestions. gonna remove snorkels and see if that makes a difference.
Looking at your profile, I see youre running 29.5" terminators…….are you running at these speeds in high or low range? That's a lot of load on the belt if in high gear……would recommend the low sport mode mod and run in low range to reduce the load…..

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Big tires, snorkeled, thats why the belt is getting hot.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I agree and a fan might be a big help. Are running the stock clutches?

·
Registered
292 Posts
If you don't have a clutch you need one.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Id also wrap the headpipe right there, it makes a world of diffrence, is cheap, and simple to do.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I have 29.5 Termys n I haven't heated up yet at all n I have beat the crud out of mine........

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I took my 29.5's off and put the stocks on for the third belt I have now added dual 3" blowers in the exhausts. removed the intake snorkel and the temp dropped to 193 degrees F. Stock clutches but basically a stock machine with the snorkel removed and tires are stock so in my opinion it shouldn't be getting that hot even. cant get to 60mph in low range!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Add all the blowers you want, You need a clutch or at least a clutch kit if you want to turn those big heavy tires under high loads or at high speeds for any distance. You belt is slipping in your clutch. The fans might make it last a bit longer, but it will only be a matter of time.

It slips and heats up even with stock tires if you push it hard enough for long enough.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LBSswank what clutch setup are you running?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So got the new CVTech Primary and Dalton Black Violet Secondary Spring installed and got the machine back today! I Took it out put 32 miles on it and the hottest the belt got was 173 and that was at 60-65mph for about 5 miles down pavement! That is a big improvement in heat and averaged around 135-140 the rest of the time which is miles above the stock clutching. The engagement is smoother and the clutch operation is quieter. Very happy with the upgrade. Very happy with the dealer! Thank You

1 - 15 of 15 Posts