Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you would consider 30" tires? It would have to be twice as hard on things such as tie rods, axels, and etc.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I've got 30's but have no clue on how much stress it's gonna put on driveline seeing as how I haven't had a chance to really ride it since putting them on. I would imagine it's putting a bit more stress on everything. If my axles break I'll more than likely get a set of cobras or gorillas.

Nathan

·
Registered
458 Posts
I have a set of 30"s that I run on mine and I noticed that my cooling fan runs longer and more often. and it handles a lot different. im sure its harder on suspension with more weight and the added leverage.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I've got 30" motoclaws. Haven't had any issues.
Big Al, what type of terrain do you ride in? Looking strongly at motoclaw tires. How well do they preform for trail ridding and asphalt sometimes?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I ride mostly at Silver Lake Sand Dunes. I ride it to and from on the asphalt roads. I also do a lot of dirt road cruising around home, and ride it to work once in a while. I have about 500 miles on them. They show very little wear. The sidewall is very stiff I air down to 3 psi in the sand and they barely squat. They hook up way better than I expected as I bought them because they are DOT rated. Overall very happy with them.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Could you give me a height measurement aired up for normal ridding conditions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've only got 10 psi in them right now and they measure at exactly 29". Would be taller with15 psi here are a couple pics with them on my machine image.jpg image.jpg

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Nice, i cant wait to get those wheels n tires for mine. Soon i hope

Reactions: Big_Al

·
Registered
256 Posts
Out here in texas 30 is minimal. Im running 32 terms which most consider on the small side .Down here in the mud parks and trail riding most are running 34" tires. Some even going for larger bogger tires. The 34 and up is hard on belts and axles and the larger boggers I see broken spindles. 30"???? Slap them on and run them. No problems.

If Im on the side of the trail posting ... its because Im waiting for you to catch up.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I agree 30s are small I'm on 30 s just to be able to get around here in Texas lol. I'm dodging the holes with 30s as stated above 34s are the norm.

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
I raced with 30" bighorns at the beginning of the year. I loved them but it made the Maverick handle like a truck instead of a UTV but It was no problem after I got use to it. It did increase stress especially when sliding around due to the extra leverage but I never broke the actual shaft or CV due to the tires. I'm back down on 27s now due to some woods racing and now it feels like a go cart. If I was just playing around with it on trails and such I would be on 30s without a doubt.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts