Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new 30" mongrels and went out to test them today. After the instal I have a wobble at 50+ wile going over wash boards. This never happened with the stock tires and wheels. The wobble rocks side to side and acts like a lose control arm bolt or steering. Nothing is lose or worn. I just wanted to see if any one else has experienced this with the larger tires? Thank you

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
did they balance them

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't think so. I was going to have them re balanced tomorrow and see if that helps. I hope that's what it is but it feels a lot more harsh than that. Also I'm new to the sxs world. I'm used to ultra 4 buggies and desert trucks. I keep forgetting that these are really light and you can feel a lot more.

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
15 should be fine. If you add any kind of balancing beads like dynabeads or something I'd start at 2 ounces and would not go more than 4. I think 2-3oz per tire will get you right.
Your U4's and desert trucks are probably hydro and that's why you aren't feeling it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm trying to find the best balance for desert and rocks mainly because we will be building it for koh and bitd

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya they are. I was looking at power steering for it but wasn't sure on the quality of some of the systems I would much rather a gear one rack and add power to that if need be.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I love the tires they work awsome! The clutch is having a little issue but i dont think its tire related. Pretty sure just not set up rite. This weekend when i was putting heat in the tires i couldnt get over 6500 rpm. Im gona end up putting in a full stm. I was thinking airdamn but cant get ahold of them so ill just go with a rage 6 stm. I will try and post pics of mine with the 30s if i can figure out how to videos up i will do that also.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
To post videos, upload to YouTube, then click share, email, then copy and paste the link. There's also a button to embed link, but I have better luck copying and pasting the email.

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
I love the tires they work awsome! The clutch is having a little issue but i dont think its tire related. Pretty sure just not set up rite. This weekend when i was putting heat in the tires i couldnt get over 6500 rpm. Im gona end up putting in a full stm. I was thinking airdamn but cant get ahold of them so ill just go with a rage 6 stm. I will try and post pics of mine with the 30s if i can figure out how to videos up i will do that also.
Im running a QSC/STM with mine and I love it. Give Kris at Cold Blooded Performance a call. He should be able to get you set up with a full STM if you want to go that route as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts