Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so was running the math for a top of the line max with all the options (well most) and I'm talking staying OEM options.

20900 max xrs
add in winch, bumpers, mount, gps, stereo, console adapter, spare tire, back bed bags, spare tire holder and jack, rear net and half windshield, roof, 4 doors, harness x4 and bar, locking gas cap, mirror, 1xtra belt. add in 8.50% sales tax ( don't include any dealer prep or delivery fee either). now none of that includes labor, assuming you do it. also includes no extra light bars, your tapping 30G. OUCH!!!!!!!

going to be at the limit on price for sxs for most people... actually already well over it

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Nope, they will buy it no problem. Lots of people will finance it and Sheffield will gladly take their monthly payments. We the people will finance anything. Gotta keep up with the Jones'.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
That's why most people spread out the cost of the extra's over a few years of ownership.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
That's why most people spread out the cost of the extra's over a few years of ownership.
Exactly. I added a roof, gotta have it, harness bar with 5 point harness', gotta have it and then installed the comm system that I took out of the Teryx. Gonna enjoy it for awhile and just work on cheap mods like exhaust wrap and misc. Next item will be a 1/4 windshield. That UTV inc fathers day sale might work for that bling. Main thing was safety items and in the desert a roof falls into that category. Then I'll add comfort items like doors next year. It's one thing to throw out the $19k admission price on this but I go slow after that. Selling the Teryx and 2 dirt bikes got me 2/3s of the way there anyhow.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yeah that's how I usually do my upgrades. however,I am doing most of my big upgrades this offseason so I came enjoy them. I'm hoping to sell my Teryx to pay for my upgrades.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Dog, let me know when you are ready to sell that Teryx, I have a buddy looking for one.
I will say my Teryx is sweet and has every upgrade a person could want. It will have a completely new 880 motor, forged rods, big heads, 41mm FCR's, VFJ clutch,beard seats, muzzy exhaust, LT, hiper rims. I am waiting to get it back with the new motor. I will post some pics when I get a chance.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes I know, but for some darn reason after I buy it I don't seem to find the money to get the rest, don't matter if its my truck or a sxs. we bought a nice used class c 31 foot rv a month back, I was not expecting that, had to use my money on that, could not pass on the deal..plus its an excuse to now need a max have the room to sleep in, now need the ride for the mountains...lol.. oh well, may have to do it like stated. here and there. Sheffield already has my number...lol... I just need to sit in the rear seat and make sure it is adult friendly for hours of riding first. I know it is, but proof is sitting in one.

one thing I did not see, that I wish I had, is a solid 1 or 2 piece roof for the max. don't seem to be one made, just that 1/4 sport roof and a fabric 3/4 roof. hope someone makes a hard top. maybe there is some dealers on here willing to gve good prices on the unit itself or the parts at least...every dollar counts. do we have any southwestern usa dealers on the forum?

·
Registered
170 Posts
There will be plenty of roof options, door options, etc... These are going to be a big hit ant the after market folks will follow.
Don't be afraid to make some stuff yourself! That's half the fun of these things!

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I'm certain that the roofs will be made and you'll have more than 1 choice soon after they hit the dealers.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Don't forget an extra 1500 for a clutch. lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts