Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently sold my tube buggy and bought a Maverick. I Needed room for two adults and a (small for her age) 8 year old and didn't want the length of a 4 seater. After lots of measuring at the local Can Am dealer I ended up with the base Maverick and a plan to add the third kids seat.

First thing I did was relocate the battery to under the drivers seat
image.jpg

Then added some frame work and heat shields for the new seat
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Cut the plastic panels behind the front seats and installed third seat
image.jpg

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
nicely done....

·
Registered
45 Posts
looks awesome, one thing i might check into if i were you is gutting the cat, they retain alot of heat and put out alot of heat, after doing my rear seat and cage my kid was complaining about it being quite warm. since i gutted the cat its fairly cool back there now, also no change in performance or sound so warranty work shouldnt be an issue unless they have to pull the exhaust off.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
so after looking at it again, were does your daughter put her feet? Aren't they in the way of your right arm??

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
image.jpg
image.jpg
Feet go on this plate that hooks to the seat mount and thru the cup holder one bolt and it comes out if the daughter is not going with us. It's also offset to the passenger side enough that my arm goes beside it
image.jpg

This has been finished up since July and so far not one complaint on the heat

·
Registered
548 Posts
Nice clean job. Very well done!

Reactions: rchrisman1184

·
Registered
668 Posts
Great job, way to think outside the box .

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
some nice details on the diamond plate floor and grab handles etc......

·
Registered
21 Posts
look into where the cage bolts together directly above the drivers head grinding and welding that entire section their. u dont want that to be a fold point with your kid in the back. The rear cage and seat look bad ass though super clean. I like the heat shield tray that you made for the exhaust.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the complements, she does love it and will stay there all day with a smile. I thought about welding the bolted joints above the door opening, but instead added a couple bars in the roof (see pic). I had not seen one collapse there so next time I have the roof off ill prob weld them up. I'm not completely done with the cage I still want to add some diagonals behind the front seats and probably come up with a way for some short harness bars. Also want to add some front intrusion bars and corner gussets. Anyway here's a couple more pics

Bars added to the roof
image.jpg

Ditto
image.jpg

Rear roof
image.jpg

Bumper attachment plates. I also added a receiver hitch to this before it was all welded up
image.jpg

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
wow very cool build and lay out nice job

·
Registered
367 Posts
that is very slick.
thanks for sharing

that's what they call"the best seat in the house"