Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running a small lift kit on their Max? I see that S3 has a 3" lift and I'm curious how it effects the handling and shock performance due to the geometry change on the Max specifically.

I'd like a little more ground clearance and I'm debating between larger tires or a lift.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I don't have a Max just a 2 seater xrs but I did the 3" lift n it stiffen up the ride for sure..
So I adjusted my springs to get some ride back of corse lowering the buggy in the process.
Ok, maybe I don't have 24" of ground clearance (just an exaggerated number) but I do have more ground clearance the stock n the buggy rides good enough for what we are doing right now. So all in all at first after the lift, I had enough ground clearance to do whatever I wanted trust me A Lot. But it rode rough so tweaked the springs some lost a Little ground clearance but got the ride back n I still don't worry about bottoming out. Hope that helps a lil

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I don't have a Max just a 2 seater xrs but I did the 3" lift n it stiffen up the ride for sure..
So I adjusted my springs to get some ride back of corse lowering the buggy in the process.
Ok, maybe I don't have 24" of ground clearance (just an exaggerated number) but I do have more ground clearance the stock n the buggy rides good enough for what we are doing right now. So all in all at first after the lift, I had enough ground clearance to do whatever I wanted trust me A Lot. But it rode rough so tweaked the springs some lost a Little ground clearance but got the ride back n I still don't worry about bottoming out. Hope that helps a lil
Alex (AREED) has some options for those of you with lifts to soften up your ride.....feedback has been very positive.

Reactions: AReed

·
Registered
128 Posts
Taking my ride out this weekend, 3" Lift and 30's. Will let you know. I figured for $100 its worth a try on the lift. I'm at 19" height, love the way it looks :) ...let it snow

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jammer, I'm anxious to hear your feedback. Did you go with a little wider offset on your new wheels? If you don't mind, post some pics of it. Thanks

·
Registered
128 Posts
Went for a 2 hour test ride. Suspension is of course stiffer, but tolerable. Hitting mountain trails at 40mph with many ruts and rocks without any problems. New tires slide a bit more than the bighorns did. Overall very happy with mods. Lift probably the cheapest investment, and reversible in 30mins if i wanted to run a cross country adventure, haha. Oh, power is about the same with the bigger tires, no clutch probs yet...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts