Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to go with a 32" tire on my 14 max, I'm running 30s now and have touched them to the fenders so I'm thinking 3 " lift. I'm just looking for some feedback from others that have this set up as far as power loss and increased breakage
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
You will definitely have to do some clutch work so as to not burn up belts. I only have 30s on mine and was burning up belts, so I am putting on a dalton clutch kit to compensate for the larger tires.

·
Registered
308 Posts
LOl trust us this isn't a quiet forum, it's just quiet because it's not to much of a riding season us do to the heat. Good time for up grades and catch up on maintenance. By the way your max came out looking good, I had the red black & white 14' Max before the x3 max hit the scene. Awesome...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Max looks killer. I know it has been a little over a year but I was wondering how it was going. I am getting ready to put a 3 inch SuperATV bracket lift on my 2017 Max 1000R DPS so I can bolt on 20 inch MSAs with 33 inch BKT 171s. Did the 3 inch lift clear your 32s? And did you change the clutch, and if so, what did you do? I am looking at a CVTech primary with a custom set-up and maybe a secondary spring change or aftermarket secondary. I do not drive hard or crazy, mainly a booze cruiser, but I do not want to be swapping belts on the trail either.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Max looks killer. I know it has been a little over a year but I was wondering how it was going. I am getting ready to put a 3 inch SuperATV bracket lift on my 2017 Max 1000R DPS so I can bolt on 20 inch MSAs with 33 inch BKT 171s. Did the 3 inch lift clear your 32s? And did you change the clutch, and if so, what did you do? I am looking at a CVTech primary with a custom set-up and maybe a secondary spring change or aftermarket secondary. I do not drive hard or crazy, mainly a booze cruiser, but I do not want to be swapping belts on the trail either.
Thanks, the lift cleared the tires just fine. I’m running the stock primary and just an upgraded black/purple spring in the stock secondary. I don’t beat on it too hard and spend most of the time in low range. But it chews the the mud pretty good. It’s definitely a bit of a dog in high though.
I’m curious to hear how it works with the clutching set up you are talking about works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for getting back to me Justin. I just got back from Brimstone in TN so after I get her cleaned up I am installing the lift and the wheels/tires. I am ordering the SuperATV HD tie rod kit as well, and also the clutch setup. I have got a month or so before I am going riding again so I have got time to work on it. The Mav Max did awesome in TN though. I was totally impressed. We did a lot of technical riding through mountains, rocks, mud, and hills with massive washouts. No breakages and only one roll over on the side. Had a blast up there.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Got the lift and wheels/tires installed. Also ended up doing the SuperATV HD tie rods too. I ordered the QSC primary from them so I am just waiting for that to come in. I am also putting a Dalton Black/Purple secondary spring in. It actually does pretty well turning the big wheels and tires stock but I do not want to risk it.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
LOl trust us this isn't a quiet forum, it's just quiet because it's not to much of a riding season us do to the heat. Good time for up grades and catch up on maintenance. By the way your max came out looking good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts