Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I'm just curious of any negative results of such a small lift ? Chime in please on any upsetting results on handling and suspension due to this lift before and after . I'm loving the way it handles now and I'm sitting on 29.5 outlaw 2s and I would love to pass the bucket test and don't want to regret it . I'm mainly concerned with body roll and the mav wanting to tip alot easier coming out of deep holes and climbing... I have young daughters so you may understand my concern... Thanx :)

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Anytime you raise the center of gravity you are at a higher risk of a roll over. Personally I do not care for lift kits that use brackets or spring pucks as they only change the geometry and provide a stiffer ride and tax the CVs more than they already are. If I were to buy a lift kit it would be one that the lift is desigened into the "A" arms. Much more expensive however not a bandaid. Some also provide more suspension travel that makes it even better.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have to agree with Ody. If you go taller, you need to go wider too to keep the stability. Wider typically means more travel without stressing the CVs. The kits that change the geometry are as Ody said, just bandaids. A lift is great if you want more ground clearance, but it needs to be done right to maintain geometry and CG.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx guys.. I'm gonna try out the Super Atv 3 inch and see how it goes. I'm running skinny / wides so hopefully that helps . If it makes for a bad ride ,I'll have a 3in lift for sale for $100 shipped... Thanx again for the input :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thanx guys.. I'm gonna try out the Super Atv 3 inch and see how it goes. I'm running skinny / wides so hopefully that helps . If it makes for a bad ride ,I'll have a 3in lift for sale for $100 shipped... Thanx again for the input :)
After you get it installed and ride a bit,let me know what u think about it, I have the 3" kit but have been debating weather to install or not, really haven't needed the extra clearance so far, but raised often looks cooler!

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
They certainly ride a little rougher but if u need the gc and don't want to pay for new suspension than your options are limited lol. I love my lifted Mav. It is so much more capable and if you adjust your shocks right it doesn't loose any articulation

·
Registered
468 Posts
Anytime you raise the center of gravity you are at a higher risk of a roll over. Personally I do not care for lift kits that use brackets or spring pucks as they only change the geometry and provide a stiffer ride and tax the CVs more than they already are. If I were to buy a lift kit it would be one that the lift is desigened into the "A" arms. Much more expensive however not a bandaid. Some also provide more suspension travel that makes it even better.
Due to the width of the machine and low angle of the Maverick axles the 3" bracket lift kit from S3 or Gorilla does not affect the geometry much. I found after installing the lift, my machine handled just as good as it did when it was bone stock. A puck lift however will no doubt make your ride stiffer, same thing with cranking the shocks up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts