Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming from a Renegade 1000 Xxc, I only used 4wd if I was in mud or creeks. A buddy I ride with that races GNCC says anytime he rides at the ATV parks on his Renegade he only rides in 4wd and says it helps pull him through turns faster under speed. I tried this once and couldn't get used to it. However, now with a sxs, I've got an entirely new riding style to learn anyway. So my question is, when you guys are hauling arse on big open dirt trails, are you using 4wd to help pull you through the turns or are ya primarily just using 2wd?

Thanks!
Buster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
145 Posts
For me it depends on mud n snow level. If it is dry or just tacky I run 2 wheel. Guess it depends on if the front end is pushing.

·
Registered
548 Posts
If I am really looking to fly, 4wd, but I spend most of the time in 2wd. A lot of the trails I ride are just too rocky to go real fast, so that is a 2wd job unless I need 4wd to get through a mud hole or up a gnarly hill. If you are really hauling the mail, I like my fronts pulling me through corners.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol, well I do like to haul the mail as you put it. Heading to a park for the first time in the Mav this weekend so I may try 4wd and see how it feels. Testing both modes may make me like 4wd more in those high speed conditions.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Depends on your driving style and whether or not you like the rear end loose to slide corners. Me personally, I like to drift mine around high speed smooth corners. In more technical situations however, I like to use 4WD for more precision and better bite.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gotcha. Thx guys!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
2 wheel drive. I like to drift out the rear end. Don't really worry about being the fastest just having fun.

·
Registered
458 Posts
2wd unless you need 4wd to keep you on the trail, it's more fun to drive it on the edge.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I've tried both, 4 wd is always faster and straighter coming out of the corners which equals faster lap times then sideways. PS Sideways is fun!!!!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
that's the beauty of these things you can run either . for me on tight dirt roads four wheel works so good I love it coming from a revolt but long roads two wheel..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts