Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This years event is lining up nicely. We have a lot of planning yet to do still, however this gives everyone a little idea about what we have going on so far this year. This really is an event you don't want to miss. If you were at last year's event, you know all the exciting things we had. This year is going to bigger and better. I hope to see y'all there.
Follow us on fb at Muddin for the Military or www.muddinforthemilitary.com for all the latest updates and contests.

Each year we support Lone Star Warriors Outdoors, 100% of any proceeds raised will go to fund this fine organization. To find out more info on LSWO, visit www.lonestarwarriorsoutdoors.com
Last year we were able to raise just over $7600 with help from people just like you. This year were hoping to at least triple our accountable support to LSWO.
Anyone here that would like to support this cause please send your donation to [email protected] or PM me, I'll send you my personal address. Keep in mind that any type of donation of $250 or more is completely tax deductible with our 501(c)3 form.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I cannot begin to explain how I feel right now. Today, we signed up Outkast Fab as well as Gorilla Axle as event sponsors. I have received both of their donations that were sent.
Folks, trust me when I say this....You DO NOT want to miss this event. There's tons of prizes to be given away, a BUNCH of planned venues, live entertainment, fireworks, ATV pit races and a truck mud put race.
If your not planning to make this, your truly going to miss out on one hell of a time.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ANY vendors or sponsors here that would like to participate in our event please PM me or contact me here. I believe this is a great way for us to team up and give back to our service man and women that defend our beloved country.
Thank you to all that have so generously donated thus far. We anxiously await new sponsors to aide us with this great cause.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Without further delay, here's our newest contest:

BIG CASH BONANZA

Everyone is urged to participate. Our goal here is to collect monetary donations. Collect donations as an individual or collectively as a group.
The group or individual with the BIGGEST donation on May 1, 2013 will receive 2 free Muddin' for the Military T-Shirts and 5 free raffle tickets to be put in our raffle draw.
T-Shirts will be mailed as soon as we get them from screen print.

Pm me, Tim, with your team name, or individual name so we can keep track of donations. ALL donations will be due on May 1, 2013 at midnight. A tally of donations will be made and winner announced. Any donations sent after that time period will be accepted, however will not count towards this contest.

Each person or group has the option to collect the donation and send as one bulk or send individually as they receive them. Reminder: ANY donation of $250 or more will receive a tax donation letter.
Ready, set, GOOOOOO!!!!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Up for bid: custom made fire pit to be auctioned off at our event "Muddin' for the Military", July 4-7 at River Run ATV Park in Jacksonville, Tx. The fire ring is approx 32" wide.
We have decided to start this live auction on this item as it is. Bidding will begin RIGHT NOW and will continue up until the closing of the live auction at our event.
We will allow Add On's with payment of these said Add On's to be sent to our Paypal: [email protected]
All of the proceeds raised will go to support Lone Star Warriors Outdoors. (Www.lonestarwarriorsoutdoors.com) This is an opportunity to support wounded veterans and soldiers of our armed services.
I believe together we all can make a difference in these soldiers lives. I personally thank everyone that decides to bid and donate to the wonderful cause.

For ALL bidding on this item contact Tim O'Quinn via pm on Facebook or by txt at 903-245-2362 with your name, phone number, and bid.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We're looking forward to meeting everyone. Thank you for supporting this event.
Last time I checked there were only 12 rv slots available. Get yours now before they are all gone. Visit www.riverrunpark.com to make your reservations.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
First and foremost I'd like to thank each and everyone thats participated in this years event and planning process. As planning for Muddin' for the Military is coming to a close and I'd like to remind everyone of the deadlines that HAVE TO be met.
May 1, 2013 is the closing to pay for your reserved seating for our VIP section.
June 1, 2013 is the deadline for all donated items.
We will continue to collect monitory donations to our Paypal account up until the day of the event at [email protected]
Ensuring these timelines are met will give us ample time to further organize and ensure a wonderful time is had by everyone for this great occasion.
Thank you for your understanding and support.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
River Run Atv Park, Sthree Powersports, Catvos CustomAtv OfShreveport, Highlifter, Texas Nation, PDQ Signs, Mud Ink Designs, B&R Custom Cookers, Xterme Mud Magazine, Cold Blooded Performance, KaufmanCounty Mud Bog, The Home Depot, Bret Rogers.....are just a few of our sponsors this year.
Honerable mention of Fullchoke Calls.
THANK YOU ALL!!!

Come join us July 4-7 for this scheduled event.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As this events planning is getting wrapped up in the next few weeks, I urge you vendors to get your logo's to my wife so they can be put on the shirts and banners that's being made.
Also, deadlines have been set to the following dates:
I have extended the deadline of May 15, 2013 is the closing to pay for your reserved seating for our VIP section. We currently have 5 tickets remaining at $100 each.
June 1, 2013 is the deadline for all donated items.
We will continue to collect monitory donations to our Paypal account up until the day of the event at [email protected]
Ensuring these timelines are met will give us an ample amount of time to further organize this event.
Thank you for your understanding and support.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
OH MY, Where has all the time gone? Damn were running out of time to get this all done! Last night was our final meeting until the actual event. Trust me when I say this: you will be very upset if you miss this event. We have tons of give away prizes, tons of raffle gifts, many auction items to be won. Anything from a custom cooker to a BBQ grill to tires, snorkel kits, gift certificates (not anything cheesy), 5000lb viper winch and much much more. Taylor Heard will open for The Lacs on the highlines starting at 7pm followed by a firework show. Truck pit bog racing Friday night and ATV Racing Saturday. Both silent and live auction as well as raffle draw will also be Saturday. We will have flyers all over the park about times and events that you don't want to miss!!!!

We thank each and everyone of you men and women that proudly served to protect our freedom, life and liberty as we know it today. This event is dedicated to YOU as our way of saying thank you.

One thing I need to know: ANYONE from here plan on ATV/SxS racing Saturday that's NOT staying for the entire weekend??

·
Registered
145 Posts
Wow being a retired usmc I will do my best to be there, I don't live far and I will talk to all my buddy's to see if they will come too?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!

Newly added to our schedule of events:
Saturday July 6 we will have a "crank it up" contest. Registration will begin in front of the pavilion at 4:00pm SHARP with kick off at 4:30pm.
Entry fee is $20. There WILL be an ATV class and a SxS class. Winners will receive prizes, it's winner take all (for each class). ONE winner for ATV and ONE winner for SxS.
It's a 6+6 rule for measuring decibels. 6' away from the vehicle and 6' off the ground. ALL measurements will be recorded by computer and termlab meter.
Each individual will have 30 seconds to play whatever music they decide to achieve what they think will "win" for them. The vehicle with highest decibel reading will win per class.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Sounds like fun and certainly for a good cause. Good job!
I help organize a bass tournament every year at Lake El Salto in Mazatlan, Mexico and we donate our proceeds to a charity called Embrace. They provide various types of help and assitance to wounded warriors when they return home. Give thanks to ALL those who serve.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Without further delay, here's our finalized schedule of events that'll take place:

Thursday 8am – Front gate opens
9am – T-shirt/Raffle ticket booth opens
7pm – VIP event starts (location to be determined and given to VIP attendees ONLY)
9pm – T-Shirt/Raffle ticket booth closes

Friday 9am – T-Shirt/Raffle ticket booth opens
5pm Truck Mud Bog starts (Sponsored by Kaufman County Mud Bog) GUARANTEED PAYOUTS TBD
** $10 entry for Spectators of Truck Bog FRIDAY ONLY ** Different wrist bands will be given and entry to Shady Pines side of park ONLY!! This will be STRICTLY enforced.
9pm – T-Shirt/Raffle ticket booth closes

Saturday 9am – T-Shirt/Raffle ticket booth open
11am - $$$ Race Registration Opens ($50 entry fee for Big Money Payout Race, $20 entry fee for regular races) **Register at the STARTING LINE of the race pit**
12pm - $$$ Races Start (Sponsored by River Run ATV Park, Rock Powersports, MudStock) 2nd of 3 race series ($10K guarantee pay-out over 3 race series)
4pm - Crank it up contest registration begins at the Pavilion (main stage)
4:30 - Crank it up contest begins.
3pm – Silent Auction Starts under Pavillion
6pm – Silent Auction Closes – Winners must pay and pick up items **Credit Cards, Checks and Cash WILL BE accepted**
7:30pm – Live Entertainment by Taylor Heard (on the Highline Stage)
8:30pm – Live Auction (on Highline Stage)
9:30pm – The Lacs
11pm – FIREWORKS DISPLAY ON HIGHLINE
Raffle will take place during Live Entertainment on the Highline (MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN)
We look forward to seeing you all out at River Run ATV Park in Jacksonville Texas this year for Muddin' For The Military 2013.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We just inventoried our donations and I'm so proud to announce we have OVER 100 ITEMS for Muddin' for the Military!!! Wow!!! Our sponsors REALLY came through for us once again this year!!! Thank you guys so much!!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts