Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have two 26x12.5x12 8 paddle skats that i grooved to 80/20 staggered cut.

one tire has two holes in it from being pinched between my wheel and a rhino bumper the other tire is perfect.

tires located in Mesa, AZ

i will be in Glamis for Presidents day weekend.

$100 for the pair

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Hey Mega - can the holes be patched or are they too big to seal reliably and will require a patch and tube? Also, do you know if these will fit on stock rear beadlocks?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I guess I should have asked first if you would ship them?

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
So what are you going to try next Mike?

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I'm thinking of trying Benzo's setup, 25" 7 paddle. I think the 26" might be just a bit too much on roll out. Smaller roll out should spin up faster. I'm with you on the 7 paddle tire though. The 8's I think have too much drag on the big end. They get out of the hole good, but after that....ehh.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I can do that....$135 shipped. Do you have PayPal......PM me with how you want to do this....also, you were running these on 8" wheels...I have a set of OEM wheels coming I bought of of "Drake"...should I mount these on the front wheels then?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I'm thinking of trying Benzo's setup, 25" 7 paddle. I think the 26" might be just a bit too much on roll out. Smaller roll out should spin up faster. I'm with you on the 7 paddle tire though. The 8's I think have too much drag on the big end. They get out of the hole good, but after that....ehh.
Can't you just increase the tire pressure to decrease traction?

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
To a point, but that won't give me less roll out, or drag on the top end. The tires work good, it just takes me a long time to get to top speed. I think with my current clutching a smaller tire with less paddles might help me get to full shift out quicker. I could be absolutely wrong but want to try it anyway. Sometimes, less = more....

Reactions: Benzo

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
that makes sense......I think you could run either size and dial in the clutching for each size and would be pretty close if set up correctly. but you are going to loose top speed with the 25" tires aren't you...unless you weren't getting to full shift out with the 26" tires.....

anyways, it is so hard to dial in the perfect setup for sand because so much is dependent on the type of sand and amount of moisture content in it.....it can change quite a bit based on time of the year etc....

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I'm thinking of trying Benzo's setup, 25" 7 paddle. .
I think they do awesome !! I run 8's but 7's I hear if ur pinned pinned all the time 8's if ur doing sum site seeing thru the bowls they say , lol

I need to race a stu paddle'd maverick

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I've played with the clutching, and I can get the holeshot, but sacrifice top end, but have very good duning ability. I've got it to where I can get the top end, but sacrifice my bottom end, and only so so duning. What I'm after is something between the 2, and will still give me what I'm looking for in the dunes. So what I want to try is my top end setup, with a smaller/less paddle tire and see if I can get both. You are exactly right about sand conditions too.

·
Registered
9,362 Posts
That is a great deal on paddles. I hope you are putting them on at least a 8" rim.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I was planning on putting them on a set of rear OEM beadlocks 12" X 7.5".......is that too narrow for these tires?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I was planning on putting them on a set of rear OEM beadlocks 12" X 7.5".......is that too narrow for these tires?
it will work but a 8 or 10'' wide be best !

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I can do that....$135 shipped. Do you have PayPal......PM me with how you want to do this....also, you were running these on 8" wheels...I have a set of OEM wheels coming I bought of of "Drake"...should I mount these on the front wheels then?
pm on its way

1 - 20 of 23 Posts