Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the Can-Am 23 gal storage box and it's great to have all that extra room. However there are 2 complaints that I have that I'm wondering to see how you guys solved.

1. Where do you put a spare tire? I was planning on getting a Tusk Spare Tire holder and after purchasing the box found out the holder won't work with the box. The linq system was option #2, but also found out there isn't enough clearance.Unless maybe I put the tire on the bed and the box on the linq rack, but I think that will be very inconvenient to try and reach stuff out of the box.

2. Many people complain about the latches that hold it shut and you can add me to the list. For the cost of this thing, they are crap. They haven't had issues holding the thing close, but I would like a way to lock the case. The latches have holes for locks, but they are useless. You can just open the latches 75% of the way, with a lock in there. Which means you can fit your whole hand in the box even if you have it locked. How pointless.

Let's hear it!

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Did you look at the linq pivoting spare tire rack? It's expensive, but I love mine. I have the larger storage box in the bed, can't remember the size, but it takes up almost all of the bed. My latches would always come undone, until I bent the catch up a little. Could you use a little larger shank lock, to keep it more secure?

·
Registered
246 Posts
On my sport xrc i have the pivoting rack with spare,and the tonneau cover, not the box, the trunk lid. Works great.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you look at the linq pivoting spare tire rack? It's expensive, but I love mine. I have the larger storage box in the bed, can't remember the size, but it takes up almost all of the bed. My latches would always come undone, until I bent the catch up a little. Could you use a little larger shank lock, to keep it more secure?
Sorry if I wasn't more clear, but I was talking about the linq pivoting rack as option #2. I was under the impression that it would not fit. I believe that's what is said online in the product page and after doing some measurements I think I confirmed it as well.

Can you confirm if you have the 23gal? This is what it looks like.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sorry if I wasn't more clear, but I was talking about the linq pivoting rack as option #2. I was under the impression that it would not fit. I believe that's what is said online in the product page and after doing some measurements I think I confirmed it as well.

Can you confirm if you have the 23gal? This is what it looks like.

Was anyone able to confirm which spare tire racks fit with the LinQ 23 gallon box? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Can Am catalog says only the 12gal will work with the rack on an X3

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts